Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son started kindergarten last year and had Mrs Kuehfuss. You could not ask for a more patient and wonderful teacher. My son went in not knowing the alphabet to coming out reading, writing and proficient in math. She taught the kids how to solve problems with each other and was always accessible. The icing on the cake was on the last day of school my son accidentally returned public library books. We emailed her after school was out and she drove to our house to return the books to us. She also went out and bought my son a special thing to help him learn to write because of his specific issue he was having. I can't say enough about what a wonderful teacher she was and am so thrilled to have had her.

My son started at La Fetra in Kindergarten he had the best teacher you could ask for Mrs. Rodriquez. Now this year he has the best 1st grade teacher Mrs. Kuga I am very pleased to say my son is part of La Fetra Pride and wouldn't want him to go to any other elementary school. Thanks

My son started kindergarten in Aug 2012 here. He could barely write and draw when he came. His teacher Mrs. Julie Rodriguez has had a phenomenal influence on him. He is doing very well now and writes beautifully. Due to the encouragement provided in the class, he is now an AR student on his way to his jewels. Parents are very actively involved and Mrs. Rodriguez is never too busy to talk before and after school. He way of handling the kids is amazing. I am so grateful that my son got her as his teacher which has laid a solid foundation for his career. He loves going to school. I love that GUSD really makes a great effort to reach out to the parents and keep us involved. Any change or new thing going on in school is communicated both via phone voicemail as well as emails.as well as fliers in school folders. I love that the whole class parents as well as Mrs. Rodriguez are very active via email and keep each other informed.

My son's been at this school for the past two years and really likes it. He has many nice friends with awesome parents/families. Pros: An extremely involved PTA;a great series of garden beds where each class grows fruits, veggies, flowers; the before and after school care is incredible (7-7:15AM curbside drop-off, closed at 6PM), as is summer school (lots of field trips and water days-for a very reasonable rate); there is also a strong emphasis on homework and reading; almost daily automated updates from the school on events, etc. Cons: some of the staff are rude and will ignore you. Teachers are generally fantastic, but some are less so. There is a new principal who is more visible than his predecessor.

I have had 5 kids go to this school and I would definitely recommend it. I have loved all the different teachers my children have had and have always felt that the teachers are very accessible to discuss any concerns I might have. I don't, however, like the front office staff. They pretty much ignore anyone that comes in to the office and just go about their own conversations and things they are doing. Very rude!

La Fetra is a great school and i would recommend it to any one. The staff is so kind and truly care about your education.

Fantastic school. Both my daughters attend La Fetra Elementary. Great staff, beginning with the cafeteria lady that knows majority of the kids' names, to the librarian that gets the kids totally involved with reading, to the most involved teachers. I'm thankful that my kids have great teachers that helped nurture their creativity and broaden their minds.

Excellent School, Teachers and Administration

La Fetra does a fantastic job at setting high goals for the children and ensuring that the kids can reach those goals. PTA is very active and involved in the process of enriching the experience for kids and families.

Excellence at its best! The teachers are fantastic! The PTA and Foundation provide state of the art programs to the students!

Last modified La Fetra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.