Glendora, CA

Posted March 19, 2014
We moved to Glendora from a not-so-great local city during the summer so this is the 1st year my kids attend Glendora schools. I have two kids attending La Fetra and one in Sandburg. My kids were stars in their previous schools... getting awards and what not. This year my kids are struggling academically! They are having a tough time with academics here. It is no fault of the Glendora schools though. Sandburg and La Fetra are really trying to correct the many years of inadequate education they recieved in the previous schools. Goes to show how much a good school with a higher level of standards makes a diference. A big thanks goes out to the Sandburg and La Fetra staff. I truly feel my kids have a chance in life now that they are getting a REAL education.

Posted May 01, 2013
For personal reasons, my 8th grade son and I relocated to glendora. I wanted him to attend Sandburg. The intradistrict transfer needed for that to happen, was denied due to" poor academically", I enrolled him at Center Middle School in Azusa. Id like it to be known, how impressed and relieved I was when my son was welcomed by the students , teachers, and staff. VERY VERY GREATSCHOOL. Wonderful Staff, counselors, students and I just want to applaude them all!!!!!! 5 star plus. Center Middle School in Azusa!!!

Posted November 04, 2012
Sandburg has been a wonderful experience for my son. He is in 8th grade this year and has had so many wonderful teachers. I won't name names, but I thank them all for your efforts with all the children. Mr. Bell is indeed the best Pricnipal that I have known. Stern, caring, dedicated, friendly, approachable, and just a nice man. You cannot find a better middle school to send your child. Great communication, clean campus, hard working PTA, all for the kids.

Posted August 28, 2012
My daughter is just starting 7th grade and she loves it already. She came to the Glendora school for the first time last year as a 6th grader. She had a great 6th grade experience and loved her teachers and the show choir she's a part of. It's a great day when your child wants to go to school. This school has hig standards for academics, behavior and encourages extra curricula activites. We're really happy here.

Posted February 17, 2012
My son currently attends Sandburg as a 6th grader . He's been in Glendora schools since kindergarten and has had nothing but positive experiences. There's a friendly competition between Sandburg and Goddard schools and they are both great. What people fail to realize is that no matter where you go to school, work and/or even within your own neighborhood, there will ALWAYS be someone or something that will test your livelihood and patience. So as far as one school being better or safer than the other is nonsense...they both rate great. Of course Sandburg will always be my son's favorite just because it's his home school. Thanks Principal Bell and Assistant Principal Mr. Purpura for doing such an awesome job of making it a GREAT place to be!!

Posted May 25, 2011
My child is just finishing his 6th grade at Sandburg. He has enjoyed every day of it, which as a parent tells me a lot. He has showed so much improvement with his grades because of how interested he has become this year in subjects that have never interested him. The teachers are very creative in their teaching lesons which obviously to me keep the kids interested. Thank you Sandburg staff!!

Sandburg Middle School 1

Posted December 20, 2010
my child went here for a year and had a horrible experience! she had problems with the students from out of the area from other districts.,she would refuse to go to school every morning, it was that bad. now she goes to goddard middle school and is MUCH happier with the students and teachers!! my son is currently in 5th grade and he ISN'T going to sandburg. My opinion is that your child should go to goddard which isn't too far from sandburg.

Sandburg Middle School 0

Posted March 23, 2009
This is a wonderful school! I love they way all the grades are seperated so that little 6th graders are not with 8th graders. My child has done nothing but excel at Sandburg.

Posted November 20, 2008
We are new to Glendora schools and are very pleased with Sandburg. The teachers and staff are exceptional. My only complaint is the lack of an organized 'carline' to drop off kids. A simple crossing guard at the west driveway of the parking lot to direct the kids to cross in bunches instead of staggared 6 feet apart would really help the exiting traffic flow and it would be a lot safer for the kids than darting between cars trying to exit

Posted April 03, 2008

Sandburg Middle School
819 West Bennett Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified Sandburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandburg Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top