Glendora, CA

Posted March 21, 2013
My son has gone to this school for almost two years. He is currently in the 2nd grade. Sellers consistently produces high scores on the standardized tests (relative to similar schools statewide). Their AR program offers differentiated reading levels somewhat. At the beginning of the 2nd grade my son was tested and shown to be reading at the 5th grade level. His assigned AR books were all around level 2.8 or so. Lately they have been around the 3.4 level which is what he was doing last year. So far I have not seen any differentiated math programs. For two years I have watched my son do math homework that is far below his ability. Maybe that will change in the 3rd grade when he is in the GATE program. Maybe it won't change. The "No child left behind" policy seems to yield results that no child will be allowed to excel.

Posted October 30, 2009
Sellers has wonderful parent involvement and volunteers, helping make this school really strong.

Posted September 09, 2009
I'm very happy having my child at Sellers. Coming out of a private school and enrolling my child in public was scary at first but after seeing how involved the parents are in supporting programs and activities put me at ease. Everyone cares for the children and strives to see them improve. The principal is wonderful and very helpful around the school. I'm happy and grateful to have this privilege of sending my child to Sellers Elementary.

Posted June 23, 2009
Great school...teachers do their best in tough economic times. Hopefully, the class sizes won't become too large in the coming school year.

Sellers Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2008
The teachers at sellers do an outstanding job. They work very hard on being creative and trying to meet the needs of the students. They are often not thanked enough--and we all know they don't earn what they are truly worth! there is a lot of homework; however it is needed to achieve the results they get. Being a teacher and administrator myself, I am very impressed with the job that is being done with my children. As far as fund raising--this is necessary to provide the trips and all the extra small things that sellers does. Our tax base has very little to do with the actual money that reaches this school. Finally, it is important for parents to realize that homework is an extension of the class work. Don't complain--be glad that you have teachers and a district that sets high expectations! I would also like to commend the parents for all their wonderful efforts remember, the education of our children has to be a team effort.

Posted June 15, 2005

Posted March 31, 2005
This is a very good school due primarily to the demographics. The district needs to do more to improve the plant and help the teachers update there teaching methodologies.

Posted June 23, 2004
Sellers is a great school with a huge parent involvement.

Sellers Elementary School
500 North Loraine Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified Sellers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sellers Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top