Glendora, CA

Posted April 29, 2014
I am very pleased with the amount of caring teachers and staff at this school! It is very clean and organized. We have the best kindergarten teacher! She is very patient, caring, and intelligent. The way she handles the kids is excellent! We are so very lucky to have our daughter with a teacher like her! We look forward to the upcoming years at Stanton and hope they are as great as this first one!

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter attends Stanton, she's in kindergarten. It's a great school with an amazing staff. My daughter has two teachers who are so warm, caring and patient. I've had the pleasure of volunteering in their class. I honestly believe our teachers are so underpaid for what they accomplish with our kids. I look forward to next year at Stanton.

Stanton Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2014
Teachers at this school ALL very professional and obviously care about the students. Our 2nd grade grandson was reading starting in kindergarten as well as our granddaughter is now in her kindergarten class. We believe principal is very dedicated in her quest to lead a school to educate her students. If any improvement would be considered is particpation by parents. It was a close call in not having a PTA as a president was needed and for awhile no one wanted the difficult job. But it was filled and we believe it will continue to be a strong and supported PTA. Soar Eagles!

Stanton Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2013
In my 12 years as a parent of two daughters at Stanton, the school has come a long way in state scores, in innovative ways of teaching and in a strong philosophy from principal to janitor on being college focused. I'm not seeing the excessive bullying mentioned by other parents but there must be an absolute zero tolerance, daily for bullying at Stanton. I deeply appreciate the No Excuses program that prepares ALL students with the mental drive and the opportunity to enter college. How to improve at Stanton? I suggest you, the parent: 1) get your child to school on time 100% of the itme, 2) gift your child with 10-11 hours of sleep every night (so if up at 7:00 a.m. that means bed at least 9:00 p.m.), 3) commit yourself to help your child with homework Mon-Thurs for at least an hour day/night or at least check homework and fix it together, 4) make a rule that all homework is done by a certain time (7:00, 8:00) followed by up to one hour of family (that means you too) reading time, 5) then bed time routine. Do it!

Posted September 11, 2013
Not a great sign when the TK teacher repeatedly tells you that this is her first time teaching children below 3rd grade. Sends home supposedly important paperwork stuffed into my son's backpack with his schoolwork and it's easy to miss.

Posted April 16, 2013
New administrator at this school is trying too hard to put a show on "Look what I am doing for the kids!". But not really for the kids... There are several good teachers on that site. But I witness some "not getting along" moments amongst the teachers as well as the office staff talking inappropriate topics amongst themselves while parents are standing and waiting for assistance. There are also bullies in the school. The school does assemblies on the topic but I see no progress. Some kids there are flat out mean and vicious.

Posted February 09, 2013
I find the administration to be very helpful and friendly, which is usually my complaint with previous schools my child has attended. Some of the teachers are very good. Others can't think out of the box at all. The biggest issue for me is the environment. Too many kids at very young ages swearing and using terrible language. You can overhear some of the parents using this language as well (which is surely where they get it). Of course it is not allowed, but there are not enough people supervising to monitor it. I will be removing my child from this school right away as the behavior gets worse the older my child gets. Car pick up is also rediculous. There is no order to it whatsoever.

Stanton Elementary School 1

Posted January 21, 2013
Alot of bullies at this school. The office staff loves to gossip. Great 3rd grade teachers but they need to monitor and repremand the bullies in this school.

Stanton Elementary School 1

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008

Stanton Elementary School
725 South Vecino Avenue, Glendora, CA  91740
Last modified Stanton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stanton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top