Bad
Good

Posted October 13, 2015
The school is okay. You have a parking lot monitor named Deborah or Debbie who if your child is Caucasian she will embrace. She is incredibly rude and loves to argue with parents. There is NO consciquence for her behavior so change is nowhere in the near future. Many kid bully's from young to old so it makes you wonder about the principals ability to manage as a whole. Good luck if you are a new child or parent joining this school.

Sutherland Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2014
Great school HORRIBLE TEACHER. Kindergarten is difficult for both the child and parent. This teacher had the reputation of being one of the best, clearly that has change thought out the years. My son attended preschool prior to attending Sutherland. He did not want to complete the work in the class because he said he already knew it. She said to me he looks at me as if HE IS ON DRUGS . YES SHE SAID THAT. She is completely RUDE, OFFENSIVE, and UNPROFESSIONAL. It is time for her to retire; therefor I cannot give this school anything above a 2. If your child as any kind of issues she will talk about your child to whoever will listen. That type of information should be kept confidential.

Posted August 21, 2014
My son was in tk class with Mrs. Manhire. The beginning of the year was a struggle but we were so glad he had her. The teacher worked hard with our son and found multiple solutions to aide him. He finished the year with a wonderful progress report. Our son loved the teacher and wanted to make her proud. Sometimes we as parents have to remember it's not easy to guide multiple little personalities.

Sutherland Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2014
To the January 2014 reviewer. Please please please if you haven't already talk to the principal about this teacher. I'm sure I know the one you are talking about as we had this teacher last year. It was horrible. This woman should not be teaching, period. I went this year to tell the new principal of my concerns because I wanted to give her a heads up so that when new parents came to her, she would not be surprised. The principal will keep your concerns confidential. We are in Ms. Paconne's class this year for first grade and my child LOVES to go to school. Mrs. Paconne is top notch in the classroom (I volunteered both last year and this).

Posted January 23, 2014
Sutherland. My daughter attends Sutherland right now 2014. She's in kindergarten, her teacher has no heart. Puts her down in front of the class room and myself. Her teacher seems to be more worried about what she's going to wear for the day than helping my daughter tie her shoe, which in fact the teacher told me she dose not help tie shoes! Incredible! The list goes on with this teacher. Not warm an fuzzy at all. I can't wait till my daughter is out of this school.

Posted August 02, 2013
2012 my child started in Kindergarten. Was not a great start. Teacher was not what I expected for my five year old. Not warm at all and rather detatched. As a Mother it was difficult sending my child everyday to an environment she really wasn't used to. She cried for days. Principal was horrible and non responsive. Bad first year. Hope new Principal is much better than the last and that my concerns are addressed or a transfer will be considered.

Posted August 01, 2013
K-3 teachers are outstanding for the most part. 4th and 5th, not so much~ For these grades, Cullen Elementary a much better choice~

Posted April 25, 2013
This has been our first year at Sutherland, but my son's third public elementary school experience. We had been told for years that his is a "great school" and that "all of the schools in Glendora are great". However, in our opinion, it is not a great school in what we deem important. My son has learned virtually nothing this year and his quantity of reading is 50% of what it has been in previous years due to lack of motivation. There are virtually no activities or contests to motivate high achievers at this school. They do not have a student council either which I think is a shame. I have come to conclude that the reputation is as such because the school's test scores are high. From my experience here, the reason the test scores are high is because you have a lot of involved parents who are working with their children, not necessarily from what they are learning in the classroom.

Posted August 04, 2012
Our two kids started here last year. We LOVE it. Mrs. Morehart was the best kinder teacher ever.

Posted December 14, 2011
What a great school this is. What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.

Sutherland Elementary School
1330 North Amelia Avenue, Glendora, CA  91740-5363
Last modified Sutherland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.