Glendora, CA

Sutherland Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2014
Great school HORRIBLE TEACHER. Kindergarten is difficult for both the child and parent. This teacher had the reputation of being one of the best, clearly that has change thought out the years. My son attended preschool prior to attending Sutherland. He did not want to complete the work in the class because he said he already knew it. She said to me he looks at me as if HE IS ON DRUGS . YES SHE SAID THAT. She is completely RUDE, OFFENSIVE, and UNPROFESSIONAL. It is time for her to retire; therefor I cannot give this school anything above a 2. If your child as any kind of issues she will talk about your child to whoever will listen. That type of information should be kept confidential.

Sutherland Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2014
To the January 2014 reviewer. Please please please if you haven't already talk to the principal about this teacher. I'm sure I know the one you are talking about as we had this teacher last year. It was horrible. This woman should not be teaching, period. I went this year to tell the new principal of my concerns because I wanted to give her a heads up so that when new parents came to her, she would not be surprised. The principal will keep your concerns confidential. We are in Ms. Paconne's class this year for first grade and my child LOVES to go to school. Mrs. Paconne is top notch in the classroom (I volunteered both last year and this).

Posted January 23, 2014
Sutherland. My daughter attends Sutherland right now 2014. She's in kindergarten, her teacher has no heart. Puts her down in front of the class room and myself. Her teacher seems to be more worried about what she's going to wear for the day than helping my daughter tie her shoe, which in fact the teacher told me she dose not help tie shoes! Incredible! The list goes on with this teacher. Not warm an fuzzy at all. I can't wait till my daughter is out of this school.

Posted August 02, 2013
2012 my child started in Kindergarten. Was not a great start. Teacher was not what I expected for my five year old. Not warm at all and rather detatched. As a Mother it was difficult sending my child everyday to an environment she really wasn't used to. She cried for days. Principal was horrible and non responsive. Bad first year. Hope new Principal is much better than the last and that my concerns are addressed or a transfer will be considered.

Posted August 01, 2013
K-3 teachers are outstanding for the most part. 4th and 5th, not so much~ For these grades, Cullen Elementary a much better choice~

Posted April 25, 2013
This has been our first year at Sutherland, but my son's third public elementary school experience. We had been told for years that his is a "great school" and that "all of the schools in Glendora are great". However, in our opinion, it is not a great school in what we deem important. My son has learned virtually nothing this year and his quantity of reading is 50% of what it has been in previous years due to lack of motivation. There are virtually no activities or contests to motivate high achievers at this school. They do not have a student council either which I think is a shame. I have come to conclude that the reputation is as such because the school's test scores are high. From my experience here, the reason the test scores are high is because you have a lot of involved parents who are working with their children, not necessarily from what they are learning in the classroom.

Posted August 04, 2012
Our two kids started here last year. We LOVE it. Mrs. Morehart was the best kinder teacher ever.

Posted December 14, 2011
What a great school this is. What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.What a great school this is.

Posted April 14, 2010

Sutherland Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2010
I give the school 4 out of 5 stars because we have been attending for only .5 yrs. Thus far, my family LOVES the school in general. A few things they could work on...getting parents involved!, (there are maybe 12 members at the pta mtg every month) communicating better to the parents about not only activities but rules as well, the 'parking' lot a.k.a. pick up/drop off is horrible!, after-school activities are very limited, and their overall funding/fundraising could be stepped up a notch. Again, overall we are pleased with the school academically, but just like everything else - there is room for improvement.

Sutherland Elementary School
1330 North Amelia Avenue, Glendora, CA  91740
Last modified Sutherland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sutherland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top