Glendora, CA

St. Lucy's Priory High School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
there was teacher Sinclaire and Belinger who humiliate and disgrace student in the class, putting the student in the hot spot ,giving her time out front of her peers,shaming her, to this sensitive teenage adolescent stage student who is looking for her identity from her surrounding in this development stage. And ignorant counselor Velorie who think this is nothing and speak nonsenely and vice principal, nun who believe these are good teachers and staffs who side with them ,speak up for them. They believe who slander about other. This school was truly a messy. I took my daughter out. I do not recommend this school to anyone. They are same as none believer or worse. They need to pray to St. Lucy to help open their spiritual eyes.

St. Lucy's Priory High School 4

Posted August 15, 2014
The teachers and staff are phenomenal at their job and are extremely helpful. Unfortunately, there are so many rude and catty girls that it makes it almost impossible for my daughter to go to school with an optimistic attitude. I know my daughter would have loved the school and would have wanted to stay if not for the cliques and drama that comes with attending this school. It was heart breaking to see my daughter not only be bullied at school but also on social media when she came home. I've now moved to Glendora High School and she has a better attitude and it's much happier.

Posted September 28, 2012
The best decision I have ever made, was to attend St. Lucy's. I came from a public school, and was not very excited to transition into an all-girls, uniform wearing environment. The teachers lecture phenomenally, and the courses this school offers are challenging yet rewarding at the same time. The AP Exam pass rates are almost 100% (The majority being 4's or 5's) Being a Protestant, I expected to be an outcast in the Catholic environment, but teachers, administration and fellow classmates were all very supportive of my beliefs and never attempted to convert or change the way I think. As far as athletics, all 9 of our teams, are league champions, Volleyball in particular is ranked 32nd best in the nation. At this school, you will make lasting friendships. Teachers care for the knowledge you acquire, your well-being, and are always available to help. The counselors at our school are the best resources if you have problems of any kind. The tri-school community is very welcoming and well integrated. The Class of 2012 has been accepted into all 9 UC schools, 22 Cal State Univ's 31 private Cali 4 year schools, 2 military academies, 85 out of state colleges (All 9 Ivy League)

Posted May 10, 2012
I have two daughters. One graduated from St. Lucy's and is in college. The other is a junior at St. Lucy's. What a great school! My girls are doing very well and I know the teachers, curriculum and environment of St.. Lucy's has something to do with it! It is well worth the time and money.

Posted April 20, 2012
I have read a few negative reviews, don't let that discourage you. My daughter was challenged here academically and it was a constant with her I don't blame the school it was her nature. It prepared her for college she had no kind of adjustment for college she was able to transition easily and is getting A's and a few B's. She loved it there, and made life long friends. Two years after graduating she still feels great about her time spent there. Her teachers and staff were amazing! There was a time when she was feeling a little down and they immediately picked up on it and spoke with me about it. If you are looking for tradition and lifelong memories for your daughter this is it. My younger daughter can't wait to come here.

Posted January 14, 2012
To be honest, I did not want to attend St. Lucy's. Why? It's an all girls school. Nevertheless, after spending the past 4 years of my life here, I can genuinely say that I am blessed and happy to be here. It is interesting to see the other reviews but, St. Lucy's integrates faith into my life more that I would have ever thought. They also so not discriminate between public and private school students. It is the hard work, respect, and attention you need to put forth into the curriculum that makes you "favored"- but that is reality and St. Lucy's doesn't create a superficial high school bubble; it teaches you what reality is- trials and tribulations in all. All in all, St. Lucy's has provided me an intellectual vitality I hope to carry on in college in and in the work force. I am ready the change the world!
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 19, 2011
My daughter is now a Junior and she has excelled in all aspects of life during the last two years. She has agnostic beliefs and this has not been treated as a negative. On the contrary, she is learning about humanity, ethics, history of religions, and has broadened her view on spirituality. The school provides a safe environment for the girls, creates wonderful commaradery and empowers them to succeed in life and focus on a future. It also has a fabulous sports program. Can't say enough about the school!!!!!!!

St. Lucy's Priory High School 1

Posted June 10, 2010
Very weak in teaching christianity. Teachers are not credentialed. Gives out extra homework to justify the cost.

Posted April 27, 2010
St. Lucy's has challenged my daughters in every area of a young woman's life. The campus is secure. The girls bond as women as they can share openly in class on topics that matter to women. The teachers hold them to a high academic standard, while teaching them to value themselves. The counselors help with college as well as life-issues. I have one daughter who is challenged to earn B's and one who works for A's. SL girls help each other solve problems. My daughters have said they are more themselves in class and in front of the class since the boys are not there. They meet up at games, the mall, prom etc. The athletic and art program have challenged my girls to work at a superior level. They are more than ready for life and college. The principals are excellent leaders for the girls.

Posted March 05, 2010
This school provides the best level of academics and teaches these young ladies incredible life lessons. While providing students with high levels of college preparatory coursework, it also prepares them for the success that they will undoubtedly encounter. My daughter will be graduating this May, 2010 and we are all pleased with the high school experience and education that she received from St. Lucy's. In fact, she has been accepted to all of the colleges to which she has applied and we are very proud of her and grateful for the support that she received from St. Lucy's. Please consider this school for your daughter! She deserves it!

St. Lucy's Priory High School
655 West Sierra Madre Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified St. Lucy's Priory High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Lucy's Priory High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top