St. Dorothy Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2014
I tip my hat to Mrs. Fulham, 1s Grade Teacher, she has gone over and above what is called for in helping my son with reading. She have made herself available to help him after hours and during the summer time. She is an asset to the school!

Posted August 21, 2014
My children have attended St. Dorothy's for 6 years. I absolutely LOVE this school. The teachers are wonderful and very qualified. The classrooms are not over crowded and the school provides more than enough aides and special subject teachers for the students. The curriculum is challenging and surpasses the local school districts. The families that attend are dedicated to the school, offering volunteer hours, services and help whenever possible. It honestly feels like a family environment-everyone know everyone. Because the classrooms are smaller, the children get all the attention they need. Their music program is wonderful, as is the art program. It is located in the City of Glendora, near the foothills. The location is beautiful.

Posted March 07, 2013
We have had a wonderful experience so far at St. Dorothy's. Mrs. Kent, the Kindergarten teacher, went over and beyond what was necessary to ensure that my daughter was challenged the entire year. My daughter was able to read very well upon entering Kindergarten. Ms. Kent spent her summer break recreating her curriculum so that it fit every child in the class. She has done a remarkable job with all her students knowing that they are all at different levels. I feel so comfortable knowing that my daughter is cared for so well by not only her teacher but all the staff. I would highly recommend St. Dorothy's for their child's education.

Posted January 19, 2013
As a parent determining the best course of education for my children was a no brainer. St. Dorothy School was and is the best educatinal choice for my family. I only wish the Transitional Kindergarten was available when my children were 4 and 5 years old. The principal and educators are top notch holding the students best interest foremost in their minds. Nothing beats the Christian environment - and the service projects that the students provide to the less fortunate. St. Dorothy's provides a well rounded education beginning in the TK through 8th grade, preparing all students for higher education - no surprises. Isn't that what all parents want for their children? All this and more is found at St. Dorothy School. Thank you St. Dorothy principal, teachers, and support staff!

Posted January 17, 2013
St. Dorothy school provides a solid foundation for the total development of the student. It is a diverse faith filled environment with a first rate academic program. Caring teachers and staff are the icing on the cake!

Posted January 17, 2013
The 2nd grade teacher cares a great deal for her students academically and personally. She is very conscientious and responsible in preparing the children well in their school work and in the sacraments they receive in the same year. My son is doing very well at St. Dorothy School.

Posted January 17, 2013
St. Dorothy School has not only provided my son with a great education, but has also given him a safe and nurturing environment to grow and flourish.

St. Dorothy Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2012
My 2nd gradder will be pulled from his class right now. I am not finishing the school year with a teacher like he has.....The teacher does not work well with the children and does not check home work like she is paid to. She Does not go off the class books and when she makes up the home work it is spelled wrong and marked wrong when the chilrder turn it back in. What kind of learning does this set for small children??? This is my review of the 2nd grade. My child did fine before the 2nd grade so I can't say anything about past this grade, but 2nd grade teacher has big issues that should be dealt with by the school....The Aid in 2nd grade does fine, but it is the job of the teacher to run the class and have the Aid as extra help. I see other reviews and agree with them on here about sme big issues with this school

St. Dorothy Elementary School 2

Posted December 18, 2012
The principle is very set in her way. Blames the parents for most issues and nothiong about the teachers. Some of the teachers have poor teaching skills and leave the class to the Aids. It seems the principle does not even know what some of the teachers are or I should say not doing for the children. Just wants more $ and more $ from the parents. My one child will beleaving this school after this year for a better education

St. Dorothy Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2012
In the past couple of years this school has dropped several points. I know a few that have left for other schools due to the way the teachers are and the lack of knowing the children and helping. My 2 children will be pulled out this year and moved to a better Catholic school. The 2nd grade is very bad and the teacher is always late and on her cell phone in the hall at sevral times. The Aid has to do the class and others have to open the class due to the teacher. Several have left due to issues not being cared for in the school. Principal leadership is lacking when it has issues with teachers and how the children are not learning the right way. This review may or may not make it on here...My family with several others are not very happy with this school. Leaving this year both my children.. Teachers look for the parents to do all the work

St. Dorothy Elementary School
215 South Valley Center Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified St. Dorothy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Dorothy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top