K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)

Posted December 30, 2015
Honestly, if you're reading this and are considering sending your child here: do it. I spent my entire K through 8 education here and I am very thankful that my parents chose St. Dorothy's. The faculty cares about you, the classes emphasize that no child gets left behind in the learning process, and the overall education will prepare your student for the future (high school!). The time I spent at St. Dorothy's developed me into who I am today, both academically and in my day to day life. The small class size allows students to learn with one another throughout the years and really builds strong connections with each other. I still am close with friends that I graduated with and I can thank St. Dorothy's for that. What I got out of this school wasn't something I expected or something they advertised: what I was given was a family.

Posted December 19, 2015
THE BEST SCHOOL AND ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO LEARN AND GROW! I absolutely loved this school with all my heart and soul. What a shame that idiotic and immature people believe things that are not remotely true.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 11, 2015
The children are very loving and accepting. I credit this to the wonderful teachers and small class sizes.

Posted June 10, 2015
My child has attended St. Dorothy for 5 years. I'm very pleased with his academic, social and spiritual progress. The teachers, parents and all staff members truly care for our children. I would strongly suggest this school to anyone with pre-kinder through 8th grade children!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
I recently graduated from this great school and am now doing very well at Damien High School. I truly believe that I could not have done so without the fantastic education I got from St. Dorothys. The teachers are great and interactive with the children and kids which is just one of the many things I love about the school. You would be a fool to take your kids out and believe all things falsely uttered. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. -Ryan Gilman

Posted May 30, 2015
St. Dorothy school is one of God's blessings in my daughter's life. I feel so fortunate that my husband and I decided to enroll our only child in this great Catholic school, after touring and investigating several schools in the area. My daughter will soon graduate from this school, and I am confident that she received the solid education to continue to excel in high school and beyond. I believe that she will eventually be a successful individual, because she was given the opportunity to be her best self during such critical period in her life. The last 9 years has been nothing but positive in so many levels. She is a diverse individual (enjoying reading, writing, music, speech, art, sports, etc) because St. Dorothy school lays a strong foundation not only academically, but also socially. I believe that if you are a parent who is looking into the best investment in your child's life, you need to look for a nurturing environment that can sustain a child's thirst for educational challenge but also provide a support system that will make him or her happy and look forward to every single day. That has been the case with my daughter. I love St. Dorothy school, it's charismatic leader/principal Mrs. Burke, and the loving and supportive teachers and staff. If anybody is unhappy with the school, I believe it has nothing to do with the way the school is run or the principal/teachers/staff. The school is very informative, and works well with parents in continuing to facilitate the learning and progress of each child, or if there is a problem with the child (the teacher establish great rapports with the parents). If you are looking for an individualized attention and caring atmosphere with a strong faith formation - in addition to academic excellence, St. Dorothy is the school for your child.

Posted May 29, 2015
We got involved with St. Dorothy School long before we had children because we knew how much of great school it is. Both of our boys attended St. Dorothy from kindergarten through 8th grade. They received an excellent education which prepared them for high school and beyond. All the faculty and staff truly care about the students and are fantastic teachers. Rest assured that by sending your children to St. Dorothy School you are make a conscious decision that a Catholic education is an advantage for life.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 29, 2015
i don't care for "family" projects. being a working mom, I would like to choose how i spend the extra time with my child... bike riding, taking walks, watching a movie, snuggling.....

Posted May 28, 2015
I love everything about St. Dorothy's. My children are very happy and academically challenged everyday. The children are very well behaved. It is a wonderful, peaceful environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 28, 2015
The teachers are amazing and give a lot of time to each individual child. If a child needs a little extra time they are given it.

215 South Valley Center Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified St. Dorothy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Dorothy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top