K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My daughter attended for 8th grade only as we just moved to the area last year - overall she had a very good experience in this school. Her teachers and classmates were very welcoming and my daughter, who had some challenges with her last school district in Ohio, did very well here at St Dorothy. Ms Burke, the principal and Ms Jasso the secretary, were wonderfully helpful and kind. Ms Sweetman, her home room teacher, was the best - my daughter just loved being in her class. They do have a new pastor however who I don't care for at all - its just a bit obnoxious for a priest to stand in front of a group of 8th graders and announce that he doesn't like middle schoolers. This is just one example of many but my point is that It is people like this priest, over the years, who have prompted me to look for spirituality outside of the Catholic Church.

Honestly, if you're reading this and are considering sending your child here: do it. I spent my entire K through 8 education here and I am very thankful that my parents chose St. Dorothy's. The faculty cares about you, the classes emphasize that no child gets left behind in the learning process, and the overall education will prepare your student for the future (high school!). The time I spent at St. Dorothy's developed me into who I am today, both academically and in my day to day life. The small class size allows students to learn with one another throughout the years and really builds strong connections with each other. I still am close with friends that I graduated with and I can thank St. Dorothy's for that. What I got out of this school wasn't something I expected or something they advertised: what I was given was a family.

THE BEST SCHOOL AND ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO LEARN AND GROW! I absolutely loved this school with all my heart and soul. What a shame that idiotic and immature people believe things that are not remotely true.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The children are very loving and accepting. I credit this to the wonderful teachers and small class sizes.

My child has attended St. Dorothy for 5 years. I'm very pleased with his academic, social and spiritual progress. The teachers, parents and all staff members truly care for our children. I would strongly suggest this school to anyone with pre-kinder through 8th grade children!

St. Dorothy school is one of God's blessings in my daughter's life. I feel so fortunate that my husband and I decided to enroll our only child in this great Catholic school, after touring and investigating several schools in the area. My daughter will soon graduate from this school, and I am confident that she received the solid education to continue to excel in high school and beyond. I believe that she will eventually be a successful individual, because she was given the opportunity to be her best self during such critical period in her life. The last 9 years has been nothing but positive in so many levels. She is a diverse individual (enjoying reading, writing, music, speech, art, sports, etc) because St. Dorothy school lays a strong foundation not only academically, but also socially. I believe that if you are a parent who is looking into the best investment in your child's life, you need to look for a nurturing environment that can sustain a child's thirst for educational challenge but also provide a support system that will make him or her happy and look forward to every single day. That has been the case with my daughter. I love St. Dorothy school, it's charismatic leader/principal Mrs. Burke, and the loving and supportive teachers and staff. If anybody is unhappy with the school, I believe it has nothing to do with the way the school is run or the principal/teachers/staff. The school is very informative, and works well with parents in continuing to facilitate the learning and progress of each child, or if there is a problem with the child (the teacher establish great rapports with the parents). If you are looking for an individualized attention and caring atmosphere with a strong faith formation - in addition to academic excellence, St. Dorothy is the school for your child.

We got involved with St. Dorothy School long before we had children because we knew how much of great school it is. Both of our boys attended St. Dorothy from kindergarten through 8th grade. They received an excellent education which prepared them for high school and beyond. All the faculty and staff truly care about the students and are fantastic teachers. Rest assured that by sending your children to St. Dorothy School you are make a conscious decision that a Catholic education is an advantage for life.

Amount of homework: Agree

i don't care for "family" projects. being a working mom, I would like to choose how i spend the extra time with my child... bike riding, taking walks, watching a movie, snuggling.....

I love everything about St. Dorothy's. My children are very happy and academically challenged everyday. The children are very well behaved. It is a wonderful, peaceful environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are amazing and give a lot of time to each individual child. If a child needs a little extra time they are given it.

Last modified St. Dorothy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8