Glendora, CA

Posted May 04, 2015
St.Dorothy school provides excellent education to its students. The parents are most welcome and encouraged to participate in their student's education. If you want a well rounded child, St. Dorothy School is a great way to begin!

Posted May 03, 2015
The negative reviews expressed on this site about St. Dorothy's School, it's Principal Mrs. Burke, and it's teachers are so far from the truth as to be beyond absurd. Mrs. Burke, her teachers, and her staff's # 1 priority is the care, nurturing, and future success (academically, socially, and as responsible productive members of society) of the students. My oldest daughter graduated from St. Dorothy's and is now excelling at an academically demanding Catholic High School due to the education she received, and the morals and work habits she was taught, at St. Dorothy's. My youngest daughter is currently enrolled at St. Dorothy's and she loves it. Her mother and I couldn't be happier with the learning environment, principal, teachers, staff, and fellow students at St. Dorothy's. If you are a parent who loves your child/children, and cares about their future success, Run, Don't Walk, "TO" enroll your child/children at St. Dorothy's School! Doug Jewett (parent)

Posted May 02, 2015
The best thing about St. Dorothy School are the children. I enjoy watching them so lovingly take care of their prayer partners. They are so reverent when helping the little ones receive their blessings. They are true example of Christ like behavior. The love and concern they have toward the rabbits is refreshing. You often see them sifting through their lunches to see if they have a treat for the rabbits or trying to sneak a quick pet before they go to class. These little things about the school are charming and irreplaceable.

Posted May 02, 2015
We have a team of ANGELS teaching our children at St. Dorothy School! I have been a parent here for almost twenty years, with my last of four children remaining. I have been completely satisfied with the level of academic challenge and faith walk. My children have been exceptionally well prepared for their high school entrance exams and did very well. The teachers are not just doing their jobs, but truly love and inspire our children. Our principal, Mrs. Carol Burke, is one of the most selfless, kind and compassionate women I've ever known. I thank God for her guidance, not just for my children, but for me as a mother. When you enroll your children at our school, you are not just welcomed as parents and students, but as new family members. We truly are a family -- and like every family, nothing is perfect -- we sometimes have qualms to work through, but we do just that. Someone asked me to describe St. Dorothy School in one word, and what immediately came to mind was, my 'heart.' I tell my children that they get to go to heaven everyday. They laugh, but know it's true...

Posted May 02, 2015
I agree with others what a shame it is that a few sour grapes are spreading incorrect information without conscience or christian behavior. Teacher credentials are easily verifiable, as well as standardized scores. People who do not know the facts are listening to and spreading negative misinformation from the disgruntled soon-to-be former teacher --who is working really hard to gather supporters. Interestingly enough, several families left the school in the past few years because of her. Any low morale among staff is directly related to the negative climate created by this teacher. I urge you to judge clearly by the experience you and your child have received from this fine school with dedicated teachers and parents. I'm looking forward to a fresh new year after we clean house and shake off this negative energy!

Posted May 01, 2015
I graduated from St. Dorothy School. I am now a sophomore at LMU. St. Dorothy School was a great place for me to grow and learn. I made friends and I had a great foundation for learning. I would definitely do it again.

Posted May 01, 2015
St. Dorothy school is a terrific value for everything it offers. My kids have been very happy at this school. The teachers are dedicated professionals and will do what it takes to teach the children. We have been quite satisfied with our children's progress. The added bonus is that there are a lot of wonderful families that help to foster a friendly atmosphere!

Posted May 01, 2015
When reading these reviews, I ask you to take a look at the dates of the entries. It is clear that there is a recent issue with a disgruntled teacher, and the 1 star reviews are from parents who support her. As school parents, we never like to see a teacher leave whether it is voluntary or involuntary. However, we really do not know the complete circumstances and any information shared, not directly from the administration is simply hearsay. As a parent, I am thrilled with the education, discipline, faith and the wonderful community of parents, teachers and children that we have as a part of St. Dorothy's. My child is doing well, has great friends, and we have made forever friends in the journey of my child's education. The teachers and staff are great. They go the extra mile to assist you when you have questions or concerns. I have never been disappointed when I felt I had an issue that needed to be discussed. The Principal is fair, open, and truthful. I know I can walk into her office at any time and she will sit with me and chat. She genuinely cares for each and every student and parent. St. Dorothy's is a great school. See for yourself!

Posted May 01, 2015
I am an alumni of St. Dorothy School. I believe the education I received here created the foundation for my continued educational success. After St. Dorothy I went on to graduate from St. Lucy's Priory High School and am a recent graduate from LMU. This year I am applying to medical school and can say without a doubt that I gained my love of learning and commitment to serving others from St. Dorothy School. The teachers and administration truly care about their students.

Posted May 01, 2015
I am an alumni of this school. As an alumnus of the school I feel that these negative reviews of the school are ridiculous. I graduated from the school went to an amazing high school and felt more prepared then half of the people I went to high school with. I then went on to graduate from Azusa Pacific University and am now Working on attaining my credential and masters in special education. I thank the staff at St.Dorothys for my amazing educational foundation and continual support in pursuing my dreams. Without them and this foundation I would not be where I am and pursing the career that I am. Thank you St.Dorothys for everything you do!

St. Dorothy Elementary School
215 South Valley Center Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified St. Dorothy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Dorothy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top