Bad
Good

We moved to Santa Barbara/Goleta last year and I was worried about my children adapting to a new school, especially my son who had been to three schools before Kellogg. My children just started their second year at Kellogg (one is in second grade and the other in fourth) and both of them are very happy here. The community is great - there is a lot of parent involvement. The teachers here have also been phenomenal - my son was struggling when we first moved and his third grade teacher was very supportive. The principal, Mrs. Bruzzese, is very active and she is always at every event with a smile. This has been a terrific school for my children and I am really glad we got a chance to be part of the bulldog family!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very caring, but they do push the children to succeed. They have a fairly smaller school, so they communicate well with each other and the parents.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Kellogg awards kids who do something kind, fair or with integrity a ticket to enter a weekly drawing. My daughter is constantly trying to help and be kind because they really encourage and value it!

I was a parent at this school for 10 years. We chose the neighborhood where we lived based on the reputation of this school and we were not disappointed. The parent community is fantastic and the teachers are excellent. We were there for two principals, including the most current who started in Aug. 2012. While the first principal wasn't always the most popular, she ran a stellar school. The new principal is terrific and has kept the same standard of excellence for the school.

The Teachers are amazing and Parent Involvement is decent but the Principal is simply unacceptable. She is quite the definition of bully tolerant, and with all of the unfortunate layoffs occurring, one wonders, why hasn't this Principal gotten the boot. Any comments praising her are written by people who do not know her at all!

Kellogg is a wonderful school. My son has never been happier and more confident. We see a direct correlation between his time at Kellogg and his new found self-assurredness. The teachers truly make this school. Ms. Knight, the principal is of course a major contributor to the school's success. While some have written less than positive things about her, she runs a tight ship, hires wonderful teachers, and manages the the economics extremely well! The community and family involvement is wonderful!

Let me start by saying that those of you who wrote unkind things about Kellogg School's principal - you must not know her very well. She does NOT tolerate bullies in her school and she runs a very tight ship with strong leadership skills. She knows and cares about all of the students at Kellogg and the kids like and respect her. She is highly qualified and well respected by those who know her. I agree that Kellogg has a lot of parental involvment and great teachers, but it would not be the great school that it is without Nancy Knight as its principal. Our family is so fortunate to be part of such a great community.

Kellogg is an excellent school. I have had children there for 13 years. The principal is amazing. One of the reasons the school runs so great is because of her. My children love her and my husband and I appreciate all that she does every single day. All of the teachers that my children have had have been excellent. Parent involvement is phenomenal. I love this school and am so privileged to be a part of this community.

Kellogg is a high achieving school with a broad range of family demographics. The staff is enthusiastic, and the kids feel valued.

Great school, but the principal is a bully. The children don't like her and are scared of her. The teachers, on the other hand, are great. Good parent involvement.

Last modified Kellogg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.