Goleta, CA

Posted March 02, 2015
As the proud principal of La Patera, I am very lucky to work with an amazing hard-working staff and dedicated families that expect only the best. Last year we adopted a new mission statement that reads: The La Patera School staff, in partnership with families will provide a diverse education in a safe, supportive environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation and excellence in learning. Our students will be expected to think critically, while interacting in a safe, respectful and responsible manner. This mission statement is our commitment to all of our families. If you would like more information about La Patera, please call us at (805) 681-1280. Thanks.

Posted February 11, 2015
Amazing new principal! So involved and caring for the students and families. School has just been getting better and better every year!

Posted February 11, 2015
My husband attended La Patera, his uncle and now our children. My children's teachers have been great. They are so hard-working and attentive to the children. Living close by, I have caught a few teachers coming in working on their own time on weekends when taking my kids to the playground. It shows how dedicated they are. The school and PTA also make ongoing efforts to have fun gatherings to bring the school community together. My children are excited about going to La Patera every day and are advancing as they should academically.

Posted February 11, 2015
La Patera is a wonderful neighborhood elementary school. They have stellar teachers and great new leadership. There is a great sense of community and warmth on campus. We love La Patera School.

Posted February 11, 2015
This school has performed far above my expectations. The teachers really care about the students, both on a personal level and through their education. The parents are highly involved as well. Lastly, I have never experienced a more professional and caring principal. This has been an over all great experience as a first time kindergarten parent. I am very pleased!

Posted February 11, 2015
La Patera Elementary School is a wonderfully diverse campus, filled with children representing many different ethnic groups Our new Principal, Dr. Araiza has been extremely successful in welcoming families in our school community. I have been a parent at La Patera for over twenty years and I would have to say that the current environment at La Patera is more positive and vibrant than ever! La Patera is our childrens' home away from home.

Posted February 06, 2015
We have two children at the school and they are extremely happy. We love that the children go to a neighborhood school - they can get themselves to and from school and have their friends close to play with out of school. Dr. Araiza, the principal, has made a big difference at the school. He tries to be out in front of the school every morning and afternoon to talk to the parents and children. He has given new energy to the teachers and staff and has put in new policies to target every child's skills. He has an open door policy and is the most patient person. The teachers are dedicated and involved in supporting the community. They have a huge amount of experience and are working hard at integrating the new common core standards at the school. They are skilled at teaching to a broad range of abilities and skills in their classroom. The school offers Science, Computers, Art, Music and PE programs. The Physical Education program in particular is very energetic and a student absolute favorite.

Posted August 06, 2014
We have two children at LP and are extremely happy. Our new principal, Dr. Araiza, has brought a fresh change to the school which seems to have spread to the students, staff and families. Families watch out for each other. The students are positive (except for a few, which happens everywhere...) and friendly. The staff seems to enjoy their jobs and are approachable. Teachers are helpful in making suggestions of things parents can do at home to help their children thrive. There is a lot of family involvement and appreciated. It has the comfy feel of a small town school where everyone knows each other. Love it!

Posted November 24, 2013
Both of my kids completed all their years of primary school at La Patera. Excellent teachers and an ideal neighborhood school. Much of the reason behind the lower test scores can be attributed to the fact that kids are bussed in from old town Goleta, and most of them are learning English as a second language. The creates a fair representation of our community, and the teachers excel in keeping all kids challenged!

La Patera Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2011
I have had 3 kids at La Patera and have found it to be an outstanding school. I cannot speak to other comments below, but as parents we are very involved and present and have seen a staff and principal that are amazingly dedicated and responsive. Great school!

La Patera Elementary School
555 North La Patera Lane, Goleta, CA  93117
Last modified La Patera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Patera Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top