Bad
Good

We are so happy to have our kids at SB Charter. The emphasis on arts, education, and relationships are really what puts this school ahead of all others. The amazing teachers at this school really work hard at making sure that that the kids are learning socially and emotionally as well as academically. There is no place I would rather have my children. I can't recommend it enough.

We love this school. Great teachers and staff. Very happy with our choice to go and stay at this school!

This is the best school in our area. My daughter has flourished since she started attending it. There is a big emphasis in the development of children as people, not just as students. Arts, music, conflict resolution are some of the things I appreciate about the school. The teachers and staff are all very caring as well; I could not have found a better school for my child!

Santa Barbara Charter School was a pioneering charter school and now mentors other start-up Charters. A smaller school of about 200 children in K-8, it offers a congenial community and plenty of supervision and involvement. Major school decisions are made by a board of parents, teachers, and administrators, but parents and teacher team to create many different learning experiences. The system of aides used by the school insures a very high adult/child ratio, and makes it possible to offer a higher level of individualized education. As a parent, I enjoy the parents, and love the teachers (especially the K-2 teachers; I have less experience with the rest.)

Amazingly committed, loving teachers. I have been moved to tears during classes, observing the respect and attention to each child. This school helps children retain their love of learning and develop into confident individuals.

I didn't realize until we left SBCS how special it is. The teachers are experienced, kind, and effective. Compassionate classroom management, conflict resolution strategies, and a high level of parent participation impress me so much in comparison to my son's new school. The entire staff knows you and your child and cares about them. Volunteering in the classroom gives you the opportunity to become more integrated into the school community, assist in your child's development, and be aware of what his/her experience is at school. On-site after school care is great for working parents. Field trips are fun and educational. And opportunities for learning and growth in many ability levels are available in the classroom. We miss it very much.

Warning! This school and its leadership are everything but democratic and positive roles for your children.

Last modified Santa Barbara Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.