Bad
Good

Posted August 29, 2013
We are so happy to have our kids at SB Charter. The emphasis on arts, education, and relationships are really what puts this school ahead of all others. The amazing teachers at this school really work hard at making sure that that the kids are learning socially and emotionally as well as academically. There is no place I would rather have my children. I can't recommend it enough.

Posted August 19, 2013
We love this school. Great teachers and staff. Very happy with our choice to go and stay at this school!

Posted August 19, 2013
This is the best school in our area. My daughter has flourished since she started attending it. There is a big emphasis in the development of children as people, not just as students. Arts, music, conflict resolution are some of the things I appreciate about the school. The teachers and staff are all very caring as well; I could not have found a better school for my child!

Posted April 27, 2010
Santa Barbara Charter School was a pioneering charter school and now mentors other start-up Charters. A smaller school of about 200 children in K-8, it offers a congenial community and plenty of supervision and involvement. Major school decisions are made by a board of parents, teachers, and administrators, but parents and teacher team to create many different learning experiences. The system of aides used by the school insures a very high adult/child ratio, and makes it possible to offer a higher level of individualized education. As a parent, I enjoy the parents, and love the teachers (especially the K-2 teachers; I have less experience with the rest.)

Posted April 11, 2008
Amazingly committed, loving teachers. I have been moved to tears during classes, observing the respect and attention to each child. This school helps children retain their love of learning and develop into confident individuals.

Posted October 22, 2007
I didn't realize until we left SBCS how special it is. The teachers are experienced, kind, and effective. Compassionate classroom management, conflict resolution strategies, and a high level of parent participation impress me so much in comparison to my son's new school. The entire staff knows you and your child and cares about them. Volunteering in the classroom gives you the opportunity to become more integrated into the school community, assist in your child's development, and be aware of what his/her experience is at school. On-site after school care is great for working parents. Field trips are fun and educational. And opportunities for learning and growth in many ability levels are available in the classroom. We miss it very much.

Santa Barbara Charter School 1

Posted December 03, 2006
Warning! This school and its leadership are everything but democratic and positive roles for your children.

Santa Barbara Charter School 4

Posted April 25, 2006
This has been a good school for my daughter although I feel the academics could be stronger. She is looking for a new school for middle school.

Posted June 21, 2004
The teachers are exceptional under the leadership of the head of education Bev Abrams, the most committed person I've ever met in education. The school focuses on the whole child's growth emotional as well as intellectual. The school is a true community. My children have since moved on to other schools but the knowledge and examples they set for others due to their Santa Barbara school experience is a tribute to SBCS. Both my children continue to thrive in their present academic environments as well!

Santa Barbara Charter School
6100 Stow Canyon Road, Goleta, CA  93117
Last modified Santa Barbara Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.