PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 25, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about this school. It is a second home to my two boys. They both started at the school since they were 18 months old and have thrived under Montessori philosophy. All the teachers are exceptionally professional, caring and sensitive to the needs of the kids. Additionally, the community of parents is amazing. I love this school and would encourage everyone to take a tour of this beautiful place.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 03, 2016
Thank you to all of the teachers at MCS. They are all different in their styles but they're dedication and love of the students are the things that always come through!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 03, 2016
Montessori isn't about homework but everyone knows that you can't avoid it these days. The homework that our children are given aren't just repetition assignments. They're given options of doing new work, experiments and ways to observe the real world that is then shared in class.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 03, 2016
They do a great job of helping the students to develop a sense of fairness with each other. I really love their philosophies and implementation.

Posted February 03, 2016
I wasn't educated in a Montessori environment but after seeing how my children thrive at Montessori Center School I wish that I had been. They are allowed the freedom to explore a wide range of topics and materials all with the goal of providing a solid education to the child. They truly inspire a love of learning in the child.

Posted July 20, 2015
We are so happy at MCS! The teachers are top notch and really love what they do! The children learn to respect others and interact with children of all ages. Geography, world cultures and the sciences are begun at such an early age that it helps ignite a love of learning. Also, math is taught in such a way that the children can understand the concepts behind it. This will be our sixth year at MCS for our boys and we are very grateful we found such a wonderful school which has both a nurturing and challenging environment.

Posted October 17, 2014
Hands down the BEST school in SB! My daughter is in Navy Door and the teachers in her class and extra curricular classes are fantastic! This school is a real example of education excellence. I highly recommend MCS!

Posted June 10, 2014
I am so glad we found this school for our daughter who has now done about 6 months in pre-primary and 1 academic year in primary. The teachers are the heart of the school and they put a ton of effort into knowing every kid and their needs. The kids are known not just by their own teachers, but by all the teachers. Instruction is individualized and true to the Montessori method of following the child's interests (with some teacher prompting in the right direction of course). Kids, parents and administration staff are wonderful. The campus is beautiful, stimulating and safe with great classroom set up and inviting outdoor spaces. We feel we are getting our money's worth and more with this wonderful learning and life experience for our young daughter. All the classrooms are known by the color of the door. We are in Blue Door and thrilled. Quality seems very consistent across all the classrooms. Thank you, MCS!

Posted October 04, 2013
My son has been at MCS going on 4 years. He is in the Lower Elementary program at the school (1st-3rd grade) and my husband and I honestly couldn't be happier. He is so academically prepared and loves going to school every single day! The teaching staff is so experienced and well trained. The individualized learning and Montessori approach really does work. Outside of the academics I love that there is such a strong emphasis placed on emotional development. The teachers work with children on social skills and modeling peaceful ways of communicating. I so appreciate that he is an environment where he feels safe, heard and respected. The Montessori hands on materials the children get to work with are amazing! They truly seem to make learning fun and exciting. I also like the multi-age aspect. There is so much inner mentoring going on in the classrooms. We really do love Montessori Center and would urge anyone to check out this school for their child.

Montessori Center School 2

Posted October 23, 2012
Both of my kids are in this school this year and up until now I'm comparing it to our previous school experience. First, my oldest kid teacher is a non-native speaker. She's nice and kind, but I would hire as a music teacher not primary one. I don't see how my child will improve his/her English like that. This is still ok with me, but the fact that my kid is a 3rd grader combined with first and second graders is way bad. Some of the younger ones can't even read on their own so the whole teacher focus is mostly on them, what am I paying for then??!! My other child which is in primary didn't have this problem as she's in the youngest level. However, the situation is reversed here. The teacher expects her to do everything on her own and keeps complaining to me that I should teach her that at home. Again, my question is why am I then paying ?!!! I've heard good things about the school from parents who are not working, so here is how I see it. The school is great for parents who are not busy, meaning willing to volunteer and be in school at least 5 hours/week . So it's more fun for parents to go to than for those who want to see their kids learning new stuff.

401 North Fairview Avenue, Goleta, CA  93117
Last modified Montessori Center School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6