Public charter
Granada Hills, CA

Posted April 28, 2015
I am a parent who has three kids. We have been at El Oro Way for 8 Years. My youngest will be at El Oro Way in 2016. I have absolutely NO hesitations what so ever. Keep in mind that the FEW low ratings you see on this site, are primarily from parents who did not get their way. Never have I been treated in a rude manner by a staff member. The Staff are taught to never argue or to be rude. Perhaps that one person had a bad day? Parents get involved here at this school. They have this morning drop off, where the street is coned every morning and parent volunteers open the car doors. I see one gentleman every morning putting up those cones. I was told he volunteers to do that. Cmon, why would anyone do that every single morning for a school they didn't like? Teachers: While there are always going to be bad teachers, the truth is that there is only 1 or 2 teachers I don't like. I don't like them for personal reasons, not educational ones. Don't take my word for it. Talk to any of the parents that volunteer. They will tell you..

Posted March 30, 2015
I am proud to have my kids enrolled at El Oro Way. I went to El Oro Way myself. The teachers are dedicated as many have been there almost 30 years- since I attended! There are a core group of parents who man the PTA and all fundraising efforts. They are very welcoming, only viewed as unfriendly by those who have broken rules (part of the PTA's responsibility is to upkeep school rules and order). If more parents stepped up and volunteered, this school could be even better. For all that are already doing that, they make the school great. The PTA sponsors awesome field trips (often two per year), extraordinary carnivals (unmatched by neighboring schools), music lessons and physical education every Monday, a state-of-the-art computer lab and technician, and constant beautification on campus. I have no complaints!

El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies 1

Posted March 05, 2015
Really disappointing!! SAS program is not close to what it used to be: unmotivated teachers and the level is consistently lowered to meet slow students' needs. Also, the yard staff is rude and the environement is not comfortable and nurturing. Worst of all, the school is awful on the social level :(( So much teasing and cliques and most kids seem to come from harsh environments. I am pulling my son out next year for sure. El Oro Way: ZERO STARS!

Posted March 23, 2014
The review below me says "A great community (PTA/tax bracket). Great students as a result. However it then goes on to say beware. ??? Well as a parent with a 4th grader and 1st grader, I can say with no doubt in my mind, El Oro Way is the place to be. Just a review further down says, there are always bad apples. However, as a whole, this school REALLY cares about the students. The PTA is run very well and unlike other schools, are very welcoming. The President this year is a guy (I know... Most are women). But he really seems to care about the children. The rest of the board are awesome. The teachers are great, despite the few bad apples, but even they are leaps and bounds better then other schools. You will not find a more caring school unless you want to pay through the nose for it.

El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies 1

Posted January 06, 2014
A great community (PTA/tax bracket). Great students as a result. Disinterested leadership and a few bad apple teachers parading as exceptional. Peer deeper I would advise. Parents beware that is more your involvement than what the school itself can provide. You take it over the top and help each child excel. This is why El Oro Charter succeeds or not.

El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies 4

Posted August 02, 2013
El Oro Way Elementary has some great qualities such as having caring teachers, instilling healthy choices, and an active PTA.

El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies 4

Posted August 07, 2012
I am considering sending my child to El Oro Way. I would be interested in current feedback about the school. How are the teachers, the administrators, the culture of the school. Is there a positive feel? Do the kids seem happy? Would love to hear.

Posted January 09, 2012
First I would like to say, that this school is without a doubt a GREAT school. The staff, administration, and teachers all REALLY care about your child's education. Yes there are always a couple of "JERKS" but for the most parts I couldn't be more pleased. Re: the Complaints. Rather than go into each complaint, the Key to This school and your child's education as with any school is being involved. This school thrives and loves parent involvement. As a parent you will never be denied access to information on how to better your child's education. No they are not going to let you sit in class with them, but you can do a number of things to aid in their education. My Daughter LOVES this school and her teachers. She was always SHY, but they made her feel confident. What more can you ask. Oh yeah, by the way, for those interested in SAS programs for advanced kids.. THIS IS THE SCHOOL......
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 17, 2011
El Oro Way is a great school. I have a daughter that goes there and I have had two other children graduate from there. They have an excellent staff that cares about each child's individual needs. I have had no complaints. Parents who use this site to talk bad about schools are making judgements based on there own individual experience. More than likely they did not get their way on something. I have known the staff for awhile now and they are great. Budget cuts and increased class sizes make all situations difficult.

Posted September 22, 2011
A very tight-knit community school -- love it so far! Great staff with caring teachers and the interim principal (Mrs Kravits) is an excellent leader! Also, very helpful and courteous office staff --- impressive group! Go Eagles!

El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies
12230 El Oro Way, Granada Hills, CA  91344
Last modified El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Oro Way Charter For Enriched Studies Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top