Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 5

Posted November 11, 2015
Great teachers, office staff, principal, students and families! Also a fantastic after school program. It is time to send your kids here if you live in the community. The school previously had a bad reputation due to poor administration but has completely turned itself around with the leadership of Mrs. Salazar. She is positive, energetic, involved, approachable and reasonable. There are many fun and educational events for students and families. A real sense of community here. Teachers are very dedicated to their jobs. They use differentiated teaching strategies to address all students' abilities and needs. My son is being challenged to work to his full potential thanks to his fabulous teacher! I highly recommend this school, especially if you live in the area. You don't need to apply for the lottery at other schools when you have an amazing home school at Knollwood Preparatory Academy!!!!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 15, 2015
I see nothing but respect when watching the teachers interact with students. All except one teacher.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 15, 2015
I would love to see the school take part in some sort of service project to really teach the kids how important it is to be a good citizen.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 4

Posted August 15, 2015
I almost want to say it's great but I had a disagreement with the AP about my daughters IEP and I didn't like the way she handled herself or the situation.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 15, 2015
My twins started at this school last year and they both had great teachers! Both were very helpful, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in their student's achievement.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 3

Posted September 25, 2014
My daughters attended this school last year. I was happy with the teacher, however, this school has very little parent involvement and their website is so dated. During our year here they had a new principal assigned and she seems good but even she hasnt addressed the website. Poor communication.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2014
My children have been here for a couple of years and this school has been on steady decline. The school lacks leadership, parent/teacher collaboration, staff friendliness and parent involvement through PTA. Additionally the schools API score is down 30 points, not a good sign at all! Although there is a new principle as of January 2014, only minor changes have been implemented. Hopefully for the 2014-2015 school year things really change, as many parents are frustrated and are looking to transfer their kids. On the upside, there are a handful of great teachers that have made a difference in my children's academic performance.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 4

Posted March 13, 2014
My son has attended this school for 2 years. I am finally posting here now that we have a new and energized principal at the school who is already turning it around. Like many posters, I saw serious and major problems at this school. Anyone reading this should know several parents flooded the district with complaints over the last few years. The previous principal finally retired after she spent the last several years intentionally running it into the ground and being hostile to parents! I believe there are wonderful teachers here who were at her mercy, especially now that we are hearing about stupid rules she had (ex. NO classroom decorations, no display of student work outside of the class room, etc). This is my home school and like many parents in the community, we have fought for it. We are seeing the grounds cleaner, repairs being done, positive and encouraging educational information coming from the new principal. It's obvious there was a serious leadership problem and that has changed. I really loved my son's teachers, now I love the principal. I have hope this will be a great Valley school and alittle more faith that LAUSD acts when parents complain.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 1

Posted February 09, 2014
My previous review was removed. So I will try to repost without inadvertently pointing fingers. If your child has an IEP, do not have your child attend this school. The related services such as OT, Speech, APE are fantastic and they care about your child's progress. Any other services related to academic, find a school with a team that cares.

Knollwood Preparatory Academy 3

Posted August 27, 2013
I had 2 of my children attend this school. Although I was hopeful in the begining as to the schools' potential...sad to say they didn't come through. Issues with rude teachers, security staff with attitude (female), food was horrible. I am glad to say that my children have transfered out. Principle is only interested in her gain. Endless fund raisers. But one thing is for certain...Ms Hernandez (kindergarten) was the best. She was great with my son. There are a few good teachers....but it only takes one bad apple to ruin the party. I heard of many incidents where a particular teacher was cussing at a child! Another teacher hit a child....wow! I hope the parents of these children sue the LAUSD for this. And that is the tip of the iceberg. Parking is horrendous! Parents just cant get themselves together either! Double parking, blocking traffic, children darting all over the place. Very hazardous situation. Yeah...glad I don't have to deal with this anymore. Good luck to all others who stick with this school. Hope they can get their act together.

11822 Gerald Avenue, Granada Hills, CA  91344
Last modified Knollwood Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.