Grand Terrace, CA

Posted May 02, 2014
The way they don't allow parents on campus to pick up their kids and shove everyone in the street is dangerous with the amount of foot traffic vs. vehicle traffic and no crossing guards or police to direct traffic and protect a student or parent from being hit by a car. Quality of education is poor and the upper grade students roam around un-supervised visiting other class room, graffiti bathrooms, and not attending class. Staff talk rude to the kids and don't repremand kids for dressing and talking inappropriate for their age. NOT RECOMMENDED

Posted April 14, 2014
No crossing guards for the kids.. There are good and lousy teachers at the school

Grand Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
This is my sons second year going to grand terrace. The teachers are really nice and always very helpful answering any questions that I have.

Grand Terrace Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2012
I am not at all impreesed with this school or their curriculum. The teachers seem generally unconcerned with the students needs. The office staff seems rude and the teachers could use an extra course or 2 in my opinion. The kindergarten program is what I am mainly referring to. They have yet to do any projects, crafts, or anything of the like with my childs class. I remember kindergarten being a great start and fun mixed in with learning, singing songs while walking in line, etc. Now they MUST be quiet or they get disciplined. These kids are only 5 for crying out loud! lets have some creativeness and imagination. They cannot be expected to sit behind a paper and pencil quietly for hours without any kind of creative learning fun! I am so dissapointed that my childs first year has been so mediocre until this point. I will be transferring ASAP!!! If you read this please do your child a favor and go to Terrace View Elementry instead. I would have but had no idea there were 2 elementry schools in Grand Terrace. I will be speaking with administrators about the low budget and coldness of the school!

Grand Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2012
The year is off to a great start and i see only good things for this school year. I am very happy with my sons teacher. I know he will do good in her classroom.

Grand Terrace Elementary School 5

Posted September 03, 2009

Grand Terrace Elementary School 0

Posted November 11, 2008
I think Grand Terrace Elementary is a fantastic school. The teachers work hard and care for our kids. The PTA is small but works hard to support the students. One of the downfalls is that it is part of the Colton Unified School District. CJUSD has made many mistakes including the inability to build a high school in Grand Terrace and meet the needs of the students in the district. Unfortunately the CJUSD special ed department falls far short of the needed assistance. I think the special education teacher at GTE is amazing and needs more support from the district. Overall, my children have attened the school for 4 years and I plan to keep them there. Thank you to the teachers, staff and welcome to the new Principal and Vice-Principal.

Posted September 25, 2006
My son is a [student] at Grand Terrace Elementary and I am very disappointed with the way they introduce new materials to the students. I have noticed that my son teacher is not worried about if the students learn the material or if they understand he's more concern with meeting guide lines/ dead lines and I truly think that's cheating our kids out of their education because school was made to introduce and teach materials to kids to help them years to come.

Grand Terrace Elementary School 0

Posted August 22, 2005
I am impressed with the teachers at Grand Terrace Elementary. They really care about our children. Even though the State is demanding that they teach each child the same, they realize that it isn't going to work for every child. My child has special needs and needs more help. They support me as much as they can. They provide him with 1/2 hour a day of special tutoring. It isn't enough, but I know they care. I would like to see after school programs and am trying to rally parents in our community to support this issue.

Grand Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2005

Grand Terrace Elementary School
12066 Vivienda Avenue, Grand Terrace, CA  92313
Last modified Grand Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grand Terrace Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top