Granite Bay, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 24, 2013
My son just started kindergarten here and I have so many amazing things to say about this school:-) not only his the teacher, Mrs.Young, she is an amazing teacher so far and really cares about the kids overall and individually as well. The academics are great:-) even have a spanish class for the kids this early:-) the school district is voted one of the best in the state in all kinds of ways:-) not to mention the cuts that most schools have its not happening here. The lunch program is delicious and amazing- Revolution foods is the vendor preparing our kids meals fresh from local chefs, not frozen food or processed food either! :-) also not to mention Sami Kader, whom I went to school with, will be teaching the physical fitness here!:-) he also does all ages work outs at a local church, search him on facebook:-) I am volunteering at his school for many things and look forward to seeing more amazing stuff from the staff, school and the future that will benefit my son from going here :-) Gp Cubs!

Posted August 22, 2012
I am surprised by this review. We have a complete team of dedicated professionals that work hard to support all students. We are fortunate to still be able to have Resource Specialist Teacher, Reading Lab Teacher, Psychologist, Counselor and Full Inclusion Teachers. We regularly hold team meetings to intervene as a first line of support. We hold SST (Student Success Teams) and have additional professionals involved for students who have IEP Individual Education Plans. I constantly check in with teachers regarding student progress; both academic and social/emotional. All teachers hold conferences with all parents in Oct, and if a child is struggling, in the Spring too. We keep parents informed through phone conferences, emails, (sometimes daily) and in person. This is a dedicated group of teachers. OK - I see merit in the Lunch Program comment. The quality provided to us by the vendor has dropped. We are currently re-negotiating the contract. We need to do better. Our M.A. program is explained to each incoming family. They are provided a brochure and offered a tour of the program. It is a highly successful and sought after program. Feel free to contact me. P Towne

Greenhills Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
This schools attitude to anything, or anyone, requiring a little extra attention is horrible. After finally getting a conference in the first half of the year that we had to fight for we sat down and discussed concerns with the teacher. The principle cancelled at the door. At the end of the year the teacher told us that she had wished someone had spoken to her and expressed concern in the beginning of the year... Way to go there teacher. The hot lunch program left nutrition behind at the sugar factory. Someone else mentioned a multi-age program. Which is what our son came from in another district. The program in the other district was wonderful and helpful. The staff at Greenhills gave us almost blank stares and told us that sounded like a pretty good idea. Never once were we told the program existed at Greenhills.

Posted June 08, 2012
We love this school. My child had a fabulous first year. I just wished there were healthier food choices at the cafeteria and more sports/clubs offered.

Posted April 17, 2011
My only problem with this school is that it ends at third grade! We wish it could keep kids till 6th grade. The Principal is simply wonderful. Always welcoming and full of help. Hope the in coming parents will continue the great volunteer efforts to help keep this school a wonderful place.

Posted March 28, 2011
I wouldn't dream of sending my kids anywhere else. I have had the BEST experience with all the teachers and staff at Greenhills. When issues have been brought to the teacher or principals attention, action was taken right away. I feel confident and secure that my kids get the care, education and love that every parent wants for their child. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Greenhills Elementary School 4

Posted February 04, 2011
My daughter loved this school and had a good experience. However, I feel that the parental involvement is what makes this school so great. They have some wonderful teachers but there also a few that are not- so-great and need to retire. Did not find the principal to be receptive to constructive criticism.

Posted May 14, 2010
Greenhills is an exceptional place. Principal Towne creates an inspiring environment. His door is always open and he is willing to listen and take action. The special education department, led by Terry Lauer and Cindy McCullough, have been fantastic to work with. Dad's club is a great way to stay involved. Of course the teachers are second to none and I could not think of a better place to send our child.

Posted May 02, 2010
Our children have attended this school for years. We enjoy the teachers and office staff tremendously. They are the greatest. The children have enjoyed learning and growing socially. Wish we had more kids to continue going through this school.

Posted April 27, 2010
the attention, the special care and the academic curriculum are excellent.

Greenhills Elementary School
8200 Greenhills Way, Granite Bay, CA  95746
Last modified Greenhills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenhills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top