467 students|Eureka Union

Bad
Good

Oakhills Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2014
While the academics are strong, and most of the teachers are great, the amount of preferential treatments towards certain families, is disappointing. If you donate $150 to PTC, you are able to find out your child's teacher several hours before the list is posted. I also experienced a parent (on the PTC) telling me she could get whichever teachers she wanted for her kids. Many families are unfriendly and pretentious. Many women ask me what my husband does for a living, seconds after I meet them. It is sad, because Oakhills is a great education. I really wish the teachers would behave more neutrally, and treat all families the same.

Posted May 01, 2014
My grandson is about to get into third grade and my grand daughter into first grade. Both of them are growing up to be very intelligent, well-behaved children with correct values that will lead them to be successful individuals.

Posted December 16, 2013
I am very please with what my son has learned thus far in kindergarten and I am impressed with my sons teacher and principal!

Posted August 23, 2013
My husband and I moved our family to Granite Bay, exclusively because of the schools. Wow, what a great move it turned out to be. Our youngest is at Oakhills, and he genuinely loves school. Notwithstanding the fact he was in private school before we moved here, his reading and math abilities soared within three months of starting at Oakhills. The teachers and ofher families are friendly too. Oakhills has among the highest API stores in California.

Posted April 03, 2012
As my daughters first year at Oakhills comes to an end, I thought I should write a little something this school. When we moved here from another school district my daughter was way bedind. Before the school year started the principle called me to say which teacher my daughter was placed with and why. I did not realize we still had such wonderful teachers in our schools. My daughter is doing very well now and it because of this school. Oakhills has an excellent staff. The parent innvolment is very high and the community is great. We are lucky to have found this school.

Posted April 21, 2010
My favorite two things about our school is the amazing parent involvement and the array of extra subject matter offered. (Art, music, spanish, etc. Some of these programs are integrated into the school day and some programs are offered before/after school.)

Posted April 21, 2010
Oakhills is an amazing place where our children learn about life beyond all that they are learning in books. The entire community embraces this school. I couldn't imagine any better teachers than ours! Parents are a great assett as well.

Posted April 13, 2010
Incredible parent involvement, great teachers, high test scores!

Posted May 21, 2008
We absolutely love this school. The preschool program is fantastic and the teachers we've had so far - preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st grade - have been wonderful. We moved to this community because of the school district and we could not be happier with our decision.

Posted February 20, 2008
I am not impressed by the adminstration at this school. I have had some wonderful teachers and lousy ones too! (on their phones during class, having their own children in the class during class time etc) Definitely not blown away!

9233 Twin School Road, Granite Bay, CA  95746-7100
Last modified Oakhills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.