Ridgeview Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2014
On paper, Ridgeview seems strong academically. Whether this is due to the teaching or to the demographic of families attending the school is up in the air. Many students are from successful families that get the type of support at home that breeds success regardless of the environment. This puts schools like Ridgeview at an advantage when compared to other schools' STAR scores. Our experiences with the teachers have been very mixed. If you have a child that is at risk of being bullied, avoid at all costs.

Posted January 23, 2013
We moved to Granite Bay because of the quality of the public schools here. We have been here a year now, with two children in the system, and we are more than delighted we moved here. We had our children in private schools prior to moving here. Unfortunately, the private school could offer no assistance to one of our children that needed special help in school. The Resource Department at Ridgeview is excellent. Our children are excelling like never before. I thought I would speak to the one star review below. I think this parent was unnecessarily frustrated when leaving this review. (it happens to the best of us) In fact, it is well-publicized that families can learn the name of their teacher early two days before school starts. This is a special event and fundraiser at school. The evening after this event occurs, families can find their child's teacher posted on campus. There is no need to take off work to find out your child's class or teacher. Communication from the school is actually very good. We receive frequent emails from the district, from the school principle, and from the Parent/Teacher association. This is also true during summer vacation.

Ridgeview Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
Once again Eureaka Union is showing us how little they really care about families that don't fit the area perfect ideals. After repeated inquiries about finding out who my sons teacher is going to be or what classroom he will need to go to, an email is sent out two nights before school starts letting the parents know that we have to get time off of work the next day in order to get this information before school starts?

Posted June 30, 2012
Best school ever!! i Got the best 6th grade teacher ever! Now im going off to Junior High his year and am really excited! But am going to miss him so bad! He was literally like family to me! He made this a last year of elementary school great for me he made learning fun and was amazing!

Posted February 27, 2012
I've been a parent of kids at Ridgeview for 3-years. I am so impressed with everything this year- test scores are high and teachers are great.

Posted November 11, 2009
Our son went to a private school (1k a month tuiton) and transfered to ridgeview. We were very concerned about the quality of education. To our surprise, the education has been so much better, the technology more relevant, and the interaction with the staff much more convenient to our lifestyle. Now I am not sure why I paid so much, for so little in the past. Only problem I have found is the presence of bullies. While a small private school can identify and deal with bullies, it seems they exist in greater quantities in the public school.

Posted January 09, 2007
I cannot say enough good things about this school. Our daughter started 5th grade here last year, having only attended a private school out-of-state. I was blown away by it all. The teachers are fantastic; the many programs they have for the kids are wonderful. No matter what your child is into, they have a program that he/she will enjoy at this school. Another thing I have noticed is that this school is extremely fair, and their anti-bullying program is awesome. The curriculum is rather advanced, which is not surprising in this community. The band program is superior. I would not want my daughter to attend any other school. Ridgeview ranks high in my book. Class sizes are bordering on overcrowded, that's the only thing I can say that is not positive about this school.

Posted February 19, 2006
- a staff
This school has extremly dedicated teachers and support staff who jump high to meet the expectations of the district and parents it serves. Ridgeview benefits from an extremely dedicated and available parental community, which volunteers endlessly in everything from simple (actually, they are quite intense) classroom holiday parties to musical/dramatical productions, art docents, and more. Students are exposed to 'special needs' children who also attend the school. All are encouraged to work and learn together and do so fairly successfully. Academic standards are very high, which seem to match parental expectations. Ridgeview has an extreme anti-bullying policy, with daily emphasis placed upon character development. Most students here come from upper-middle to high income families, and that is reflected in the culture of this primarily caucasian school. That composition and culture is the only created disadvantage our family sees here at Ridgeview.

Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2005
The quality of academic programs is high. Music instruction includes vocal music and band starting in fifth grade. There are no sports or extracurricular activities offered by the school. The level of parent involvement is very high.

Ridgeview Elementary School
9177 Twin School Road, Granite Bay, CA  95746
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top