Posted June 01, 2014
Bear River is an awesome small town school filled with hundreds of successful kids. The staff is amazing, the extra curricular activities are amazing and the school is a great place to learn.

Posted July 13, 2013
Bear River High School has been wonderful for my freshman daughter. She is an academically advanced student and the school has offered lots of opportunity and support. Her teachers this year were all good or excellent. There doesn't seem to be an extensive bullying problem, though there is the usual teenage drama,. I am very pleased with our family's decision to get an inter-county transfer and send her to BRHS. Otherwise, she would have been at Colfax or Placer, both of which seem to be good schools, too.

Posted September 04, 2012
This has been a really great school for our family. The teachers have been really top-notch with the exception of one. The ag program is wonderful. I would recommend this school.

Posted April 25, 2011
I agree with the last review. Anytime I've expressed concern over my student's performance, the teachers have been quick to respond to me and more than willing to help my child get back on track. No High School is perfect, but I love this school, I love this community, and I'm proud to send my children to Bear River and the nearby Middle and Elementary schools.

Bear River High School 2

Posted February 16, 2010
And to add to my last comment, the Special Ed teacher, Mrs. Smith is great. Mr. Bohrer is also great. And Mr. Crosselin is great. All of these teachers respond to parents communications and put forth the effort to help the students succeed, while many others seem to not care about doing their jobs with any effort or communicating with parents.

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009
This was the best choice ever! Even my daughter was a victim of her so-called-friends, it was dealt with quickly and swiftly, the kids involved WERE punished and it end that quick. The class sizes are great, she loves this school and has learned far more here than in Penn Valley! So glad we moved her to this area.

Bear River High School 1

Posted November 25, 2008
This school is horrible. The thing about I hate the most is their 'bullying' tolerance. My son was constantly bullied by many older boys and I told the school and they did little about except talk to the bullies and try to get them to stop. The bullies were punished in no way and they continued to pick on my son. I am extremely unsatisfied with this school....Find a private school....

Posted August 18, 2007

Posted April 12, 2006

Bear River High School
11130 Magnolia Road, Grass Valley, CA  95949
Last modified Bear River High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear River High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top