Bad
Good

Posted August 18, 2015
I like how the teachers don't give up on you and how easy people can make friends

Posted October 10, 2014
My child started TK at CH this year and so far so good! Mrs. Fleenor is by far one of the best teachers I have ever met! My daughter LOVES going to school and is happy and thriving! We love Cottage Hill!

Posted February 19, 2013
Not long ago, I posted a great review for this school. We have been there for years. However, this year, the climate seems much different. I really loved the last principal, Mrs. Veneman. She had it together. If I had any concerns, she would make me feel like my concerns mattered, and she agreed, would take action, and still be a great advocate for the school and kids. She had a great balance. This year, there is much more bullying, a more negative vibe at the school, a very "whatever" type response to any concern from a parent, by the principal. And it seems the communication and support for parents being involved has not been supported in the same way. I find that sad. This school was wonderful, and the teachers still, to this day, most of them are great. We have had great experiences. But the environment feels different this year, and a lot of behavior of the kids is falling through the cracks. I think that if it is allowed to continue on this path, we are going to have even more issues in the next years to come with this school.

Posted September 21, 2010
This school has a fantastic parent teacher club - Lead by a husband wife team - just amazing. You want to make a difference get involved, Everyone can help in some way - Cottage Hill welcomes it all!

Posted March 12, 2010
We moved here from a so called top rated school district in Pleasanton Ca. The individualized care we have experienced is night and day compared to our previous school. My son was diagnosed with autism has a incredible IEP team at Cottage Hill. The IEP team consists of 9 administrators, and educators who all know him inside and out compared and want whats best for HIM. Our last districts IEP team consisted of one administrator and one teacher who keep calling him the wrong name and recommended medication.

Posted February 27, 2008
I love this school!! We moved here from Elk Grove in Sept. 07 and our son goes to Kindergarten.. He has the best teacher and class -size and even though when I talk to my In-laws in the bay area who's child is being challenged by doing 2 hours homework everyday in Kindergarden, I feel blessed to be able to say that my son is living a great childhood without being pressured to much at an early age. He loves to go to school everyday and he learns how to read and count at a more playful level. He loves to bring his libary book home every week and read it with me.... I believe that it is very important to have your children like going to school , and to be curious about life ,and wanting to know things..... thank you

Posted January 01, 2008
Wow. Is all I can say. This is the school we have been looking for. My oldest son (10) had lost interest in school and it is back now in spades. I do not agree with the complaints listed below. I believe that the parent who wrote it needs to find out why their child is bringing home so much homework. Or why it is taking so much time to complete it. There is also homework club after school a couple days a week where they can complete their homework and get one on one help. The teachers are amazing, the administration staff is very helpful. The principal is very hands-on. I have no complaints and am so grateful that we found Cottage Hill.

Cottage Hill Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2007
We moved 2 years ago from Sacramento. My kids are delighted with the quality of life and peace of the school. The school has human beings, all working together for the success of the children. Not the other way around. I have seen also an increase in arts activities, a subject that was very week a year ago. Homework and disagreements with the teaching style will always exist in any school you go. It is a matter of finding solutions, not problems.

Posted September 24, 2006
I have been reading several complaints regarding the high level of expectation from the school and teachers. I happen to hole-heartedly disagree. My family arrived in auburn 2 years ago. Previously, my children attended a private school...If you think cottage hill's expectations are 'too high' you are kidding yourselves (or greatly underestimating your child's true/hidden potential). If homework is taking 1-2 hours then maybe a teacher-parent conference is in order(several different options/solutions are available if one is open to them). In addition, quite possibly, homework is piling up at home because 'class time' is being waisted by the student. It is always easy to blame the teacher (bless those wiling to teach). As our kids grow, school is not going to get easier. The competition is out there... Waiting. A parent has the ultimate influence on a child's outcome in life! start acting not reacting. Our kids are watching!

Posted January 26, 2006
I have to agree with the previous review about overwork for the child. This is so unrealistic, as I research more and more I believe the district is more concerned about artificial ratings than the children's success itself. I have been involved in education a very long time. If you cannot teach the child within a regular school day what they need to know, and still have to send 2 to 3 hours of homework then there is something fundamentally wrong with your system. Teachers you can change this and you know it...be courageous and make the system better. Don't just enable it. think about it...

Cottage Hill Elementary School
22600 Kingston Lane, Grass Valley, CA  95949-7706
Last modified Cottage Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottage Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top