Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GO HERE. ITS NOT ABOUT THEM. THEY WILL HOLD THEM BACK. IF THEY HAVE DREAMS THEY WILL TELL THEM IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN . ITS VERY SAD . THE KIDS THAT STAND UP AND PROVE THEM WRONG THEY HOLD IT AGAINST THEM . EVEN THE SCHOOL BROAD THEY DON'T WON'T TO CHANGE FOR GOOD. THEY DON'T CARE. BUT IN THE LONG WAY WHEN YOU KID PROVE THEM WRONG THEY WILL TALK ABOUT THEM . THEY TRY TOO MY EACH KID THAT MADE A NAME FOR THERE SELF THEY DON'T WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SCHOOL. ITS VERY SAD.

As a teacher at the school, I can attest to the dedication of the faculty to doing what they feel is in the students' best interest even though students and parents and even administration don't always agree. Are there some great teachers? Of course. Are there some not-so-great? Of course. Is the principal an evil, vindictive monster as some reviewers have suggested? Nope. Before she came to GHS, state test scores and graduation rates were considerably lower than they are now and we sent even LESS students on to higher education. I have seen a tremendous turn around in the school since she came on board with regard to the academics and attention to core subjects. GHS is now one of the highest rated schools in the state when compared to similarly sized schools and for a school with a high language learner population and huge percentage of socioeconomically disadvantaged students (60 percent!), we beat the pants off of other schools in the area when it comes to graduation and high school exist exam rates. We are definitely doing something right - it's a shame that so many cannot see the progress that has been made since 2005.

My child is a freshman and so far we are having a great year. The community is trying to pass a bond that would make the school much more modern with current the necessities that will enable our children to be completely prepared for the real world... My daughter had a blast this year building floats, and being involved with the band.

I am very impressed with Gridley High School. I have a sophomore and freshman student. My children both have different learning styles and the school has proven to adapt. The counceling department is quick to make adjustments and suggestions to ttheir students. The Ag. department has hired 2 new teachers and the students are having a great year.. I would absolutely recommend Gridley High.

I wouldnt change schools. I am athlete and I struggle at times in school. My teachers and coaches take the time and help me to understand all my classes... I feel that each year the school is improving..The school is very small but safe!!

Three of my children have gone to this school, The teachers that I know dont worry about how there students are doing I've had to work harder then them to get my children to pass they classes because the teachers dont show the students how to do the work. They are lazy and dont care if there students are failing. The rate that students go to college from the high school is 50% so that should tell you what kind of job the teachers are doing. If I had to do it again I would have moved to Biggs Ca. And put them in school there Biggs rate of students going to college is 80%

The students think the principal is an evil vindictive power-hungry monster who must win win win at all costs... regardless of right and wrong. She cares nothing about teachers, students, or parents. My daughter is an AP student, and her and her classmates can't believe what is being done daily. The kids love their teachers, however, and actually feel bad that the teachers have to work here under this type of so-called leadership. Many amazing teachers who could teach anywhere, and why they picked Gridley who knows!

I believe that the school is wonderful. It allows students to express themselves with art, band, and ect. I believe that without Gridley High School i wouldnt be able to get the proper education that i crave. All the schools in the gridley distict are phenomal i love living in Gridley and i love the school in it's self. It's teachers and staff have taught me so much and i am honored to attend Gridley High School and all other schools of gridley before it.

As a student at Gridley High School, I feel as if Gridley High School holds me back from from the full potential of success that I desire as a student. The school in general does not give me the resources desired, such as educational and extra curricular options. Furthermore, coming from a student, I can attest that the school is an abomination to the level of schooling that we as tax payers deserve in "The Golden State".

the school is a wonderful school, with a great student body and staff. The administration is a joke, only caring about the welfare of themselves rather than that of their students. They spend their time making themselves look good rather than bettering their school. In return, the students feel very looked-down upon and feel there is nothing they can do to effect their school because every teacher or event that they disagree with, the principal and school board stands behind. The principal is best friends with the teachers that need to go and dislikes the teachers that need to stay therefore, the school is full of horrible teachers.

Last modified Gridley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.