Gustine, CA

Gustine High School 5

Posted July 27, 2011
GUSTINE IS AMAZING! I love going here because the teachers are great and the students are fun to be around. CLASS OF 2014 BABY!

Gustine High School 4

Posted January 13, 2010
This is a great school if you don't care about getting your kids into a Stanford type of college. Your child will get out of this school what they put in. There are no pressures for kids to join gangs. The small school size lends itself to low pressure education. Sure the average teacher here isn't 5 star quality. There are exceptions to every rule. The principal, special ed teachers and long time teachers are the people that most of our kids will be inspired by, and at this school they are tops. I've had two sons graduate from here and they are in college and off to fine careers. What more can a parent ask for?

Posted September 22, 2009
I think we should always confidently support the schools that will prepare our children for the outside world. They should challenge the minds of our children. 'Without challenge, adventure is impossible.'

Gustine High School 5

Posted May 30, 2008
this school lets me feel at ease knowing my children are safe at this school

Posted May 30, 2008
gustine high school is the best school ever!

Gustine High School 3

Posted December 19, 2007
GHS has made a lot of positive changes over the past 3 years. New principal and VP, no more fights, which makes a difference to the students. I feel safer now at GHS, than I did with other administration.

Gustine High School 2

Posted December 02, 2007
The social atmosphere is great, small school where students get to meet and interact with a variety of ethnic and cultural groups. I wish I could say the same about the education though. Being an alumni, I have come to realize that the education there is really low. There seems to be a lack of motivation in the educators and the fact that teachers come and go every years makes one feel unmotivated. Get your act together GHS!!! Also, the counselor needs to learn to be proactive (and not elitist) with the students. Most of these students are first generation highschoolers whose parents had limited education (whatever their ethnic background might be), so help them out by motivating them to go on to higher education!!!

Gustine High School 4

Posted August 07, 2006
Hi attended this school as did my parents and my children. Nothing is perfect! If a parent stays active in their child's school and activities and are present at functions, then your child mostlikely will not wander to the bad side. Last year & the current administration is much better than past years. You can take challenging courses or non-challenging courses. Much of how your child does is dependent on them. They also need to learn to ask for help and may need a parent to help push for help, but I have found that help is there if you persist and are willing to ask and take the time to work hard. Gustine has some good programs, a child needs to find their nitch by trying different things. It is generally a safe place! I approve!

Gustine High School 1

Posted March 15, 2006
I believe this school needs lots of work both academically and socially.

Gustine High School 2

Posted August 19, 2005
I have 5 children that attended GHS through the years.School is not too bad for the boys but the girls at this school are selfish and flat out mean. The only two people that have ever treated my children with respect are Mr. Dennis Shaw and Barbara Azevedo. These two individuals care about the children here not just their paycheck. Highschool can be difficult for many teens. If just one person could reach out and show that they care, it could change the entire life of someone. I have worked with several of these teachers and the paycheck is all that matters. Teachers should reach out. Maybe they can change just one child! All Gustine Schools need to work on helping all the children. The rich ones already have most of the help they need at home. Lets give all the others a reason to feel like being a part of this world. Why wait untin there is tragedy to realize how special someone was.

501 North Avenue, Gustine, CA  95322
Last modified Gustine High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gustine High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top