Posted October 01, 2014
I don't have enough space to give the school the praise they deserve!!!they don't just teach and care for our children, they love and teach my husband and I too! I have two kids currently attending St.Marks and we LOVE it!! It's home away from home....every teacher has interaction with my family and they're good people. My daughter is 2 and just started in August, she's been there for about 5 weeks now and she's singing songs she just learned, reciting her abc's in its entirety, counting to 13 on her own, recognizing letters and gaining the confidence to be successful! My son has been attending since he was 3 and he has been learning exceptional work! He's now 4 and can write words on his own, solve beginning math equations and think with complete logic and reason. I love St.Marks, they are our growing and extended family and I look forward to everything they have to share with us!!!

St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2014
My son transferred from a local private elementary school. We were a bit concerned with him being able to 'catch up' on his math skills. The transition went so much better than we could have imagined. He is doing great. His coursework is challenging and fun and the first week we brought him to school, he didn't want to leave! He has made great friends and always has some lesson he's learned in school to tell us about at home. I highly recommend St. Mark's Lutheran to anyone seeking quality education for their children.

Posted February 17, 2014
St. Mark's school has been the absolute best choice for my children. My daughter graduated two years ago and my son is currently in 7th grade. The philosophy of the school focuses not only on strong academics, but development of character as well. The faculty are passionate and dedicated. My daughter has excelled in high school as a result of the excellent foundation provided at St. Mark's. St. Mark's provides opportunities in sports, leadership, and drama that my children have participated in with very positive results. The school sets high expectations in all areas for students and provides the support they need to meet or exceed those expectations.

Posted February 14, 2014
We chose to move our son to St. Marks for 6th Grade due to the school s reputation for solid academics and strong sense of community, and we could not be more pleased with our decision. Middle School can be a tough transition for a new student, but the teachers and students have gone out of their way to make our son feel welcome. We have found the core classes and extra curricular activities to be first rate. Our son has been challenged, but not overwhelmed. The teachers really seem to enjoy what they do, and do an excellent job of providing feedback through materials that are sent home and the school s new website. Having come from the public school system, we have quickly realized the advantages that St. Marks offers in terms of the classroom environment, technology and campus facilities.

Posted February 12, 2014
this is our 6th year at St. Marks, we have three children and they love the place. it is a great environment. there are strong academics, good school spirit, strong arts and sports programs. the families are very similar middle and upper middle class families striving to help the kids get ahead. the kids seem to inherently challenge each other. We appreciate the spiritual component with Scripture memory, religion classes, and weekly chapel service. It's up to me as a parent to follow this up. The theatre program in amazing. Very good use of technology and media. speaking to many parents of graduates, the kids seem to do very well in high school and college. there is definitely value but it may not be for everyone. we could improve by having more evaluation/feedback, but quality improvement does take place annually.

Posted February 06, 2014
I can not say enough wonderful things about St. Mark's School (SMS)! My daughter transferred in as a 2nd grader from the Catholic school that suggested my kindergarten-age son be held back a year. I just did not think that that was the best thing for my son so I had him tested at SMS where he was welcomed into kindergarten. Both children have thrived in all ways & I owe it all to SMS. The teachers have demonstrated that they really do care about the kids success. Our Principal, who I have said over and over again, is the smartest woman I've ever met, deserves an honorable degree in Child Psychology. She knows these kids inside/out. She can be trusted to make the best decisions for each & every child no matter of their forming character. The school is truly a nurturing environment. My daughter, now in public high school, has soared to the top of her class thanks in part to the foundation provided at SMS. I feel so blessed that my children attended SMS & we owe a lot of their success to the educational & spiritual foundation they received at St. Mark's School.

Posted January 31, 2014
Students, staff, and parents are a true family. Have two children attending since preschool and cannot say enough good things. No school is perfect, but this is as close as you will get. Academics are strong and kids love going to school everyday. Wonderful educational environment. Will hate to leave !

Posted January 31, 2014
St. Mark's is an exceptional school that offers a challenging curriculum in a nurturing environment where kids are allowed to be kids. My twin sons have been students at St. Mark's for almost eight years now. They have enjoyed all aspects of the school and have already talked about missing it when they graduate this year. Not only have they been given a solid academic foundation, but they have also been provided with opportunities to follow their outside interests through programs such as Reading Counts, robotics, chess, Math Counts, writing contests and spelling bees as well as sports such as flag football and basketball. They look forward to attending school, whether it's because of donuts in Goal Setting, the weekly Pod-cast or re-enacting the "Battle of Bunker Hill" with sponges! The dedicated teachers, administrators and staff provide a positive learning environment with plenty of enriching activities and projects. Woven into the fabric of the school is a strong sense of support and community among the families that attend St. Mark's. Take a tour. Meet the people. Like me, you will look back and be happy that you chose such a wonderful place to educate your children!

Posted January 28, 2014
This school is a true neighborhood treasure. I wish I would have known about it sooner. The thought of switching schools was very daunting at first. However, it was the best move we ever made. We've been there for a little more than one year. My son loves it at St. Mark's. It is intellectually challenging for him in ways which his previous school simply was not. At his former school, there was a strong focus on compliance rather than fostering intelligence and critical thinking skills. The class sizes at St. Mark's are consistent with today's class size research. The curriculum is also about one year ahead of public school standards, which is great for "gifted" children. The principal is an awesome lady and so is the curriculum director. All in all we feel extremely welcomed at St. Mark's and are so happy that we finally found the right school for our family! Love it!!! Love it!!!

Posted January 28, 2014
We brought our daughter to St. Mark's at the beginning of fifth grade. We were a bit nervous as St. Mark's was much bigger than our previous school. From the minute we walked on campus we felt so welcomed by the principal, staff and families. Within a few weeks we felt as if we had been there since kindergarten. There is so much warmth among the families and staff. The curriculum is advanced, which we believe is a plus. Our daughter entered a Lutheran high school known for being advanced in their curriculum and she is doing very well. We attribute this to the foundation, preparation and fostering that St. Mark's provides for their students. Our only regret is that we didn't enroll our daughter back in kindergarten. After our daughter's first day of high school she insisted that we take her to St. Mark's to visit the principal and her teachers. When we arrived most all of her 8th grade graduating class was on campus to do the same thing. I consider that an amazing testimony in itself. Thank you St. Mark's Lutheran School,

St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School
2323 Las Lomitas Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mark's Lutheran Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top