Bixby Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
If I could give this school 0 stars, I would! This is by far the WORST, UNSAFE school I have ever encountered. My kindergartner is late to get out EVERY DAY by at least 7 minutes. The front office does not check proper ID when releasing a child early. An unauthorized person got my child from school on two separate occasions. Brought it up to principle on 1st occasion, nothing was done obviously. Principle ACTS like he is engaged by standing out front at the end of school but lets major safety issues slip right past him. API test scores are WAY below average (as you can read on this site). My son was tested and scored 3rd grade reading level (in kinder) and I was told that there is no program or anything to further advance or challenge him, so in other words, he must dumb down in class and do kindergarten work when he is far more advanced. Because of him being advanced, he gets citations in class for talking to others (because he is bored obviously). Bottom line, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this school to my worst enemy.

Posted December 19, 2013
There are great teachers and staff. Everyone is very friendly, respectful, and I love the way they try to make the parents get involved to make their child's learning experience great. They make sure the student is getting the right help in the area needed.

Bixby Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
The district of Hacienda/La Puente, should have CLOSE this school long time ago. Despite of all the effort and all the funds throwing to this school, it still does not achieve the 800 standard API from California. What a waste of money!!! The district will be better off if this school close and use the money to take care of other schools with better performance!!!!

Posted September 28, 2010

Posted September 12, 2008
The teachers and staff are positive and devoted to the community. I am especially impressed with the fifth grade teachers. They use laptops daily in the class with the students. They are wonderful people! Keep up the great work!

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted December 03, 2007

Posted September 20, 2005
This school is a good school. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard.My child love this school.

Posted June 10, 2005
This is a pretty good school. My child likes it a lot.

Posted May 05, 2005
Bixby is a school with a new principal who has good ideas and is making positive changes. Currently, there the school offers art activities after school, however, I would like to see music introduced as an extracurricula activity. I see some parent envolvement and the academic programs are good, with room for some improvement.

Bixby Elementary School
16446 Wedgeworth Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified Bixby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bixby Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top