Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 05, 2016
I want to thank Mrs. Chang for all her hard work and dedication towards my child. She never hesitated to help him, and even signed his special yearbook stating such sweet and motivating sentiments. What a great way to start my son's introduction to school, and I can only anticipate more wonderful teachers in the years to come.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 05, 2016
My son enjoys reading, and has even been introduced to long vowels in kinder! I'm hoping that prior knowledge will make reading more complex words in first grade more familiar.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 05, 2016
In terms of the homework, it may be a lot for a Kinder, however, my son was able to complete his packet without much of an issue. I wouldn't hesitate to talk to his teacher if it was beyond his academic capabilities. I also would predict that homework can be modified to meet a student's academic needs.

Posted June 05, 2016
The 2016/17 year was my son's first experience here at Los Molinos. I am overjoyed that he loves going to school and even misses his kinder teacher (Mrs. Chang) on the weekends. He enjoys his class and has made huge jumps in his academics. I love that I am welcomed by the school and staff is friendly and approachable. Ms. Mary greatly accepts phone calls to the school and is kind on the phone. I look forward to sending my other children. When I went to Open House, it was clear that all the grade levels collaborate and work hard to meet all academic standards. What an AMAZING school! I'm one super happy parent :)

Posted November 21, 2015
Los Molinos is a great school. Our office manager is the best! Glad we picked this school for our son.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 21, 2015
I am grateful for the entire staff, but the volunteering of so many parents, truly makes a difference. It takes a village ....... : )

Posted March 12, 2014
I couldn't be more happier with a school! We are new this year to Los Molinos. This school has welcomed my family with open arms. Our daughter has learned so much and is excited to go to school everyday! Principal Dr. Roderick is everywhere in this school, it's a great thing knowing that she is so involved with our students!! The Teachers are so knowlegable and reliable, energetic and the kids seem to love them. PTA is on point and relay get involved with the school. We love all that Los Molinos has to offer! My olny regret with this school is that we didn't find it earlier! Our daughter is so smart and intelligent Los Molinos has brought our daughter out of her shell! We are so proud and honored to call ourselves Wildcats!!!

Posted January 31, 2014
Los molinos is a rare find. Staff is caring and very understanding to all student needs. My child has excelled here...will be sad to leave when the time comes. The PTA offers so much financial support to the school along with fun family activities!

Posted October 28, 2013
Our school, Los Molinos, is constantly striving to help the kids do better and improve. I like the fact that they are always guiding the kids not only to study, but to achieve more, to learn more and to respect each other. They always have fun school related activities planned for the kids and parents. The principal and teachers are approachable and are focused on our kids best interests. I would love to see the schools black top area, including the basketball courts, be re-done, that would be a big improvement.......

Posted August 16, 2013
My daughter is a 1st Grader this year. She attended Kindergarten here as well. The Principal and staff are very friendly, with a high focus on reading and mathematics. The students are friendly and the families are very involved. Class sizes are small and expectations are high. We love Los Molinos!

3112 S Las Marias Avenue, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified Los Molinos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.