Bad
Good

This is the best school I have ever attended. It was easily the best three years of my life. I recently promoted this May, and am sad to have left the school. The current principal genuinely cares about the school and her students. She's always on top of things, informing parents weekly of what's going on at the school, and is always making sure her students and her school are safe. The teachers here are excellent. They're always very enthusiastic and seem to actually enjoy teaching. I've never heard of a "bad" teacher here. The office manager and assistant are also very courteous and helpful. The sports teams are also amazing. The coaches are always nice, make sure that their athletes have at least the minimum GPA requirement, and make sure that their athletes have great citizenship. The band has also always gotten superior ratings in what they call "festival". Dropping off and picking up students is also very easily done for both parents and students (thanks to the principal and vice principal). I definitely recommend this school to everyone since the staff seemed to like what they do and be there for the well being of every single student. Go big blue! <3

How to describe Newton Middle School in Hacienda Heights? SAFE, ALWAYS CHALLENGING AND MOTIVATING STUDENTS THROUGH ACADEMICS, ARTS, SPORTS, COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, MUSIC, TECHNOLOGY AND SCHOOL ACTIVITIES. Teachers are caring, nurturing and always working hard to help students be successful. At Newton, you will find many teachers involved in after school programs preparing students for competitions, events or giving academic support/tutoring. Dr. Angela Lin, Newton's Principal has an open door policy. She is easy to reach and talk to. She listens to your concerns and finds the best solution by always keeping in mind the best interest of the student. Dr. Lin is very supportive of her students, staff and parents. Don't be surprised to see her encouraging students at a game, band festival, serving root beer floats and thanking the students for their hard work in academics and behavior. Motivating students to always do better by being responsible, respectful, studious, polite and safe. The front office staff welcomes everyone with professionalism. This is a very UNIQUE school with MAGNIFICENT STAFF AND STUDENTS! GREAT GATE /HONORS PROGRAM. GO KNIGHTS!

very nice school. teachers are above average and caring. staff is nice too. they are easy on grades though, everyone has a 4.0 GPA, ha ! safe and good students, no gang stuff like La Puente schools. parents are involved. it is a great place to grow up in during those pre-teen years. my middle school growing up had drugs, sex, and gangs. so this school is a breath of fresh air to have around. keep it up.

I am a graduate of Newton, and there was hardly any racism... and if there was, they were all made in jokes or fun. There's no serious racism, the person down there who had posted that review obviously does not know what they're talking about. By the way, I'm Asian.

I'm in 7th grade and really this school doesn't have much cliqeus. There are sports teams. and cheer, and a dance team which i'm on it's great we get to dance instead of p.e. theres lots of school dances, and the teacher are really nice and it's easy to have a connection with them. the worst thing is the noon aids at the sschool they are the most retarted people in the whole world. it isn't ghetto but it's mostly mexicans and if your white you do get made fun of at a daily basis. and asian too. people are cool. theres hardly fights but when theere is the principle and counsler deal with it and have punishments. i love going here. but we could use more field trips. :)

The students at this school are great to hang around with, and the classes make it seem very easy to learn. I used to get several Ds and an F at my old school, and over at Newton, I've been getting straight As ever since school started. This school is great.

In the last few years newton has really grown and improved. My son is in the 7th grade and loves his teachers, the atmosphere is that of collective achievement. I have never encountered a school so dedicated to improving their students...Newton is the best

I really love this school, it has a lot of opportunties for kids- like myself. And us Knights Rock!!

I am a student at Newton MS and Iike the school I really like the band program and the teacher are pretty good. I don'tlike having to wait in a line to get to the lunch line or even the cafeteria. The school is great academically. We also need more field trips for the elective classes. Over all it is a awesome school!

I'm a 7th grader that is in Newton Middle School. I it is a great school and most of the teachers are great. There are a lot of sports to do and we have a dance team. The only problem I have is the lunch line because we have to line up in our homeroom line and then lines are chosen one time at a time. I find it boring to be doing that and it takes a lot of time.

Last modified Newton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.