Posted September 25, 2014
The longer my child is at this school, the more impressed I am by the teachers and staff. The Principal and Vice Principal care about your children's welfare and safety and it shows in their actions. The Principal is very welcoming and immediately addresses any issues. It is a very common sight to see the Principal interacting in a positive manner with parents and students alike. The teachers are excellent. They are easy to contact by email or Jupiter Grades and respond promptly to concerns. The office staff is friendly and very helpful to parents. I am very happy to be a proud Ocelot parent.

Posted February 17, 2014
I am a current student at Orange Grove Middle School ! I love Orange Grove I am more of an athlete and Orange Grove has awesome sport teams and I am in many. There is one thing that i dislike .. the cheer team is very bad all they do is stomp and clap, but otherwise there is awesome teachers who care about us and staff. Our current principal is the best i am involved in everything im Secretary, im also involved in the SSC which i love because as a student i can improve my school and give advise of how we as a school feel and more. I LOVE OGMS !!!! i could keep going and going . There are many great memories that i will keep forever !

Orange Grove Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I'm a parent from OGMS, I'm very pleased with the school. The teacher's are outstanding. Mr. Moldonado provides a safe environment for our children. Our new principal was very professional and approachable. I'm looking forward to a great year.

Orange Grove Middle School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
ogms changed this 2012 all they want us to do is promote and thats all and the school never got any new air contdions theyre still the old one and lunch is the worst all you do its just stay in the heat and they dont let us play basketball , football, soccer, and etc cause its 150 degress

Orange Grove Middle School 2

Posted August 06, 2012
It is so sad to see this school go down. Business day was a joke!!! A big waste of time, I can't believe I took 1/2 a day off from work!!! I hope we still have the good teachers there this year. Parents don't feel welcomed by the front office. I don't see much parent participation. I heard there is no PTA there anymore and thats a shame!! Alot of kids are going to other schools. I wonder why?

Orange Grove Middle School 2

Posted November 17, 2010
Orange Grove needs to transfer the current vice principal Mr. Maldanado. He is straight up rude, intimidating, aggressive and unjust. He needs to focus more on resolving and finding solutions to student problems rather then scare and harass them. I have had nothing but problems with that man. My child is a great student with above average grades, her attendance is great and for getting into a bit of trouble, rather then help my child with a counsilor or interventionist he harassed and scared my child. They need to focus more on academics and solutions and stop focusing on "finding" behavioral problems!

Orange Grove Middle School 3

Posted September 13, 2010
I am a 25 year resident of Hacienda Hgts and since 1990, have had 6 children attend Orange Grove. Today, I arrived a bit early & was waiting in my truck for my student when the Assistant Principal (the person in the 9/07 & 9/11 postings) confronted me about where I was parked.(I'm almost 60 & retired so I have plenty of time to wait) I was the only vehicle NOT illegally parked (there were 10-12 illegally parked vehicles in the NO PARKING zone). When I challenged him with evidence of that fact, he changed the issue from Parking to Safety, which I can only interpret as meaning that my early presence was making students unsafe. His manner was alternately intimidating, aggressive & finally dismissive. He is a big man & I can only guess how intimidating he is to the students! The 9/07 note better summarizes the conduct I observed.

Posted September 11, 2010
Orange Grove Middle School has high standards & high expectations for all students: academic excellence, respectful behavior, self-discipline, and developing talents and leadership skills through elective classes and extra-curricular programs. Mr. Maldonado, Assistant Principal, does an outstanding job of holding students accountable to the highest standards, which includes following the dress code. Parents are very involved in PTA and support students, teachers, and administrators to create a positive and dynamic learning environment. The few who complain the most are either not involved in the learning process or angry about being held accountable. It's easy to tell by their poor grammar that they are not serious students of Language Arts.

Orange Grove Middle School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
I really dislike this school. The students are always getting harrassed, it is ridiculous! Mr. Maldonodo doesn't do his job in protecting the students he just harrasses them, for ridiculous reasons. They need to pay more attention to the academics rather than trying to find every little excuse to pick on a student. They are very biased and unfair. I really hope that they transfer that man.

Posted March 29, 2010
i attent orage grove currently and all i have to say is this school is amazing in acedemis. the teachers really care about the students and csts. the principal and counselor are very approachable

Orange Grove Middle School
14505 Orange Grove Avenue, Hacienda Heights, CA  91745
Last modified Orange Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Grove Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top