Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff communicates with parents on a regular basis, and administration is open to suggestions and comments.

OGMS received the California Gold Ribbon and Title 1 Academic Achievement Award this year. The staff is wonderful, and there are many activities for students.

After meeting the new Principal last year, I knew that this school was back on track to being one of the great middle schools. After interacting with my child's teachers this year, that belief was reinforced. The atmosphere at this school has changed. You can see it in the enthusiasm of the students and on the faces of the teachers. I am very pleased with the leadership in this school and am thankful everyday that my child is attending this school. With such great teachers and staff, you know that your children will be given the best that education has to offer.

The longer my child is at this school, the more impressed I am by the teachers and staff. The Principal and Vice Principal care about your children's welfare and safety and it shows in their actions. The Principal is very welcoming and immediately addresses any issues. It is a very common sight to see the Principal interacting in a positive manner with parents and students alike. The teachers are excellent. They are easy to contact by email or Jupiter Grades and respond promptly to concerns. The office staff is friendly and very helpful to parents. I am very happy to be a proud Ocelot parent.

I am a current student at Orange Grove Middle School ! I love Orange Grove I am more of an athlete and Orange Grove has awesome sport teams and I am in many. There is one thing that i dislike .. the cheer team is very bad all they do is stomp and clap, but otherwise there is awesome teachers who care about us and staff. Our current principal is the best i am involved in everything im Secretary, im also involved in the SSC which i love because as a student i can improve my school and give advise of how we as a school feel and more. I LOVE OGMS !!!! i could keep going and going . There are many great memories that i will keep forever !

I'm a parent from OGMS, I'm very pleased with the school. The teacher's are outstanding. Mr. Moldonado provides a safe environment for our children. Our new principal was very professional and approachable. I'm looking forward to a great year.

ogms changed this 2012 all they want us to do is promote and thats all and the school never got any new air contdions theyre still the old one and lunch is the worst all you do its just stay in the heat and they dont let us play basketball , football, soccer, and etc cause its 150 degress

It is so sad to see this school go down. Business day was a joke!!! A big waste of time, I can't believe I took 1/2 a day off from work!!! I hope we still have the good teachers there this year. Parents don't feel welcomed by the front office. I don't see much parent participation. I heard there is no PTA there anymore and thats a shame!! Alot of kids are going to other schools. I wonder why?

Orange Grove needs to transfer the current vice principal Mr. Maldanado. He is straight up rude, intimidating, aggressive and unjust. He needs to focus more on resolving and finding solutions to student problems rather then scare and harass them. I have had nothing but problems with that man. My child is a great student with above average grades, her attendance is great and for getting into a bit of trouble, rather then help my child with a counsilor or interventionist he harassed and scared my child. They need to focus more on academics and solutions and stop focusing on "finding" behavioral problems!

I am a 25 year resident of Hacienda Hgts and since 1990, have had 6 children attend Orange Grove. Today, I arrived a bit early & was waiting in my truck for my student when the Assistant Principal (the person in the 9/07 & 9/11 postings) confronted me about where I was parked.(I'm almost 60 & retired so I have plenty of time to wait) I was the only vehicle NOT illegally parked (there were 10-12 illegally parked vehicles in the NO PARKING zone). When I challenged him with evidence of that fact, he changed the issue from Parking to Safety, which I can only interpret as meaning that my early presence was making students unsafe. His manner was alternately intimidating, aggressive & finally dismissive. He is a big man & I can only guess how intimidating he is to the students! The 9/07 note better summarizes the conduct I observed.

Last modified Orange Grove Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.