School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Join us at Cedarlane Academy, an excellent K-8 school! Find out more about our school: http://cedarlane.hlpschools.org/
March 16, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My first year with my kids at Cedarlane Academy and couldn't be more pleased with wonderful teachers, an abundant amount of programs for kids to participate in based on their interest, and one of the most dedicated principals in the district Mrs. Park leading the way. When other schools are cutting programs or scaling back because there are no teachers to run Science Olympiad or sports teams, we are growing and have a great nurturing school environment for kids to bring their best every day. My kids are flourishing and I recommend our school highly. e are also starting a Dual Immersion Korean and Chinese class too!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 16, 2015

This school is getting a lot better from the inside out. They will be having CIMI field trip, Washington field trip and a host of other field trips this year. Last year my daughter was in Mrs Tran Don's class. Mrs Don is a great an energetic teacher who is definitely hands on with everything! Check out their Kinder teacher, Canny Yan, the best I've ever seen. Looking forward to middle school which should be an exciting year!!!

I loved this school my granddaughter went to Kindergarten 2012-13 The staff was great and the parents too, my granddaughter excelled well. but I think they need to push the kindergarten class a little harder, cause she finish her homework so fast and they want to learn more. Its sad for the English speaking kids to fall back cause of the non speaking kids. But over all a great school,

This past year has been a year of great changes and growth at this school. We merged and became a K-8 school and have seen many challenges without adequate support from our school district administration and from certain current school board members. Our current Principal and VP are doing an excellent job with the limited resources they have been given.

Last modified Cedarlane Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.