Posted August 30, 2011
We moved in the middle of the school year last year and the teachers and parents of El Granada Elem. have been wonderful at helping my boys adjust to a new school. The parents are very welcoming and I am now serving on the PTO to help where I can. There are some amazing teachers at this school including Mrs. McMahon and Mrs. Kennedy.

El Granada Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Mrs. Bruno (1st grade) is a fantastic teacher! We have been very impressed with 1st grade instruction and are looking forward to 2nd grade and more wonderful teachers. Readers and Writers workshop seems to capture all students and works with many learning levels. The introduction of Everyday Math this year has been great. Our child has excelled with the math program in ways I never did!

Posted March 21, 2009
Love all the teachers, especially Laurie McMahon, the teachere are very supportive off all the students.

El Granada Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2008
We have been at El Granada for three years. We have been very lucky with everyone. The teachers have been very helpful, motivated, good communication, and such loving people. The PTO have done and still are doing the best they can in keeping the current projects alive, and are working hard to add new ones. Parents participation is a BIG plus. If we want results and positive outcomes WE parents need to participate any way we can. I am a working parent, and just taking time off to drive on field trips or buying supplies is a big help; I have told. I am exited about the reading/writing project. Teachers including Sciences in their tight curriculum. I would like to see more arts and music; so I am hoping the PTO will come up with a good budget for that with all our help.

Posted May 24, 2007
We have been at El Granada for two years. The first year was wonderful as the teacher was incredibly supportive. This year has been very different. Communication is lacking especially if you are a working parent. Not all teachers use the district email and they do not have voice mail. A lot of the instruction is geared towards teaching to the test as can be seen by the homework. There is bullying happening at recess. They have started a peace campaign but there hasn't been follow up from the students' perspective. The parents on the PTO are amazing. They work so hard to raise enough money to support the school's basic needs. Students in the lower grades have PE once a week and don't have art except for when people donate their time. Most of these problems stem for lack of support at the state level.

Posted September 21, 2006
This is our second year at El Granada Elementary, and our family is very pleased with the school. I understand that money raised by the Parent-Teacher Organization completely funds the music program, which speaks, in part, to the level of parent involvement. The PTO is made up of a group of very dedicated people. The teachers, principal, and librarian are all wonderful. The only complaint I can come up with is that the State doesn't adequately fund public education. I would love to see an art program, and P.E. more than once a week, but there is no money for it.

Posted December 30, 2005
My daughter started Kindergarten this year at El Granada. I have been very happy with the quality of education, and the PTO is doing a terrific job in raising funds to cover the gaps left by the meager governmental funding. Public education is in a sad state in CA, but the staff at EG Elementary does their best. I am particularly impressed by Kindergarten Teacher Pamela Teige, who is wonderfully encouraging and patient with her students. She is terrific!

Posted April 13, 2005

Posted February 24, 2005

Posted October 29, 2004

El Granada Elementary School
400 Santiago Street, Half Moon Bay, CA  94019
Last modified El Granada Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Granada Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.