Posted August 01, 2013
I MUST HONESTLY SAY AT FIRST I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT MY DAUGHTER ATTENDING KINDER HERE. NOW WATCHING THE EXCITEMENT THAT SHE HAS IN WANTING TO LEARN , I THANK HER TEACHER MS. OYAMA AN WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO FIRST GRADE.

Posted March 10, 2011
My son has attended harbor city elementary since kindergarden his Teacher Ms Tomsco and all the staff there are great i would not want my son in any other school. :) THANK YOU ALL!!

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted October 08, 2008
I had my reservations about sending my son to this school but I have to say that I am very glad I did. His Teacher Ms. Oyama is a very caring teacher and will go out of her way for her students. It has decent parent involvement and the staff for the most part is helpful and friendly. I dislike that it is year around but overall is a great school. Also they are PI but by next year I think scores will be where they need to be.

Harbor City Elementary School 0

Posted July 28, 2008
I was a little hesitant when I enrolled my son for k last year. Apparently this school, didn't have a good reputation, and yes it's in a community where the majority are hispanic. Well, my son graduated reading from k,and he's been in 1st grade for 4 weeks already!.We(parents) have to pay attention to the child's progress, interact with the teacher, get to know them,etc. The new principal is doing an awesome job and this school will get out of that 'bad reputation'. I even thought of transfering my child to the nearest magnet school around, but nah!...It's not the school alone that will provide for a good student, is the teacher's dedication and parents cooperation and home education we provide. It's the combination of it all. Good job harbor city elementary!

Posted February 25, 2008

Harbor City Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2007
I have 3 children attending this elementary: 5th grader, 3rd grader and a pre-k. This school seems to be changing since they have gotten a new principal! There is more encouragement for parent involvement, there is starting to be help for parents to teach their children at home with their homework and much more! I think this principal is going to make a major impact with Harbor City Elementary! The more parents who get involved, the better the school will become! We all have the same concerns!

Posted June 23, 2007
the teachers are great! I just attened the schools open house and was impressed with all the projects done. I have a 5th grader and was impressed with the quality of education he recieved. I do find that as a parent you have to be involved with both the teachers and administration. They are looking for parent support and are open to any help.

Posted September 22, 2006
I have kids that goes to three different school in harbor city president ele, fleming jr and narbonne high. No complaints. I love all three. All of my kids or in some kind of sports and math bees. The school dist have a lot going to keep the kids out of trouble and gangs. Thank you ahrbor city school district.

Harbor City Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2006
This school has a poor parent participation rate. Other than the moms that go to work late and the stay at home moms. When asked whether they had a PTA I was told that it did not work at this school. The administrative staff are none caring and very unprofessional. The lack of concern for their school is ridiculous. I have made 2 calls to the principal and have yet to receive a call back. To me, if you aren't latino you get no where.

Harbor City Elementary School
1508 West 254th Street, Harbor City, CA  90710
Last modified Harbor City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harbor City Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top