Bad
Good

I must say I love this school , my Daughter was vice president and graduated with honor roll after having a hard time at first , teachers got involved and help me out to resolve the problem , my son who's in 5th grade is doing great as well!!! Very good school !!

I MUST HONESTLY SAY AT FIRST I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT MY DAUGHTER ATTENDING KINDER HERE. NOW WATCHING THE EXCITEMENT THAT SHE HAS IN WANTING TO LEARN , I THANK HER TEACHER MS. OYAMA AN WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO FIRST GRADE.

My son has attended harbor city elementary since kindergarden his Teacher Ms Tomsco and all the staff there are great i would not want my son in any other school. :) THANK YOU ALL!!

I had my reservations about sending my son to this school but I have to say that I am very glad I did. His Teacher Ms. Oyama is a very caring teacher and will go out of her way for her students. It has decent parent involvement and the staff for the most part is helpful and friendly. I dislike that it is year around but overall is a great school. Also they are PI but by next year I think scores will be where they need to be.

I was a little hesitant when I enrolled my son for k last year. Apparently this school, didn't have a good reputation, and yes it's in a community where the majority are hispanic. Well, my son graduated reading from k,and he's been in 1st grade for 4 weeks already!.We(parents) have to pay attention to the child's progress, interact with the teacher, get to know them,etc. The new principal is doing an awesome job and this school will get out of that 'bad reputation'. I even thought of transfering my child to the nearest magnet school around, but nah!...It's not the school alone that will provide for a good student, is the teacher's dedication and parents cooperation and home education we provide. It's the combination of it all. Good job harbor city elementary!

I have 3 children attending this elementary: 5th grader, 3rd grader and a pre-k. This school seems to be changing since they have gotten a new principal! There is more encouragement for parent involvement, there is starting to be help for parents to teach their children at home with their homework and much more! I think this principal is going to make a major impact with Harbor City Elementary! The more parents who get involved, the better the school will become! We all have the same concerns!

the teachers are great! I just attened the schools open house and was impressed with all the projects done. I have a 5th grader and was impressed with the quality of education he recieved. I do find that as a parent you have to be involved with both the teachers and administration. They are looking for parent support and are open to any help.

I have kids that goes to three different school in harbor city president ele, fleming jr and narbonne high. No complaints. I love all three. All of my kids or in some kind of sports and math bees. The school dist have a lot going to keep the kids out of trouble and gangs. Thank you ahrbor city school district.

Last modified Harbor City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.