Harbor City, CA

President Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2013
Overall the staff has been very effective and supportive towards student education and safety. I will say that my child's kindergarten teacher was not the best. He actually regressed. However, he has a wonderful teach this year and has improved significantly. I can say my son enjoys his friends and loves President Ave. I can also say I do feel safe him being there, which is very important to me.

Posted August 22, 2013
this is my daughter 2nd year in this school. she like it here she said everybody is nice the teacher and faculty. there doing a good job. as a parent if my child happy and learn good not only the learning how to read and write also the manner is very important to me. thank you so much to the teacher and faculty. to giving this children a bright start on there life....

Posted May 10, 2011
You know, my daughter's dad is in the military and she's been to 3 schools. She's been here for only the year 2010-2011 and she's shown improvement in her grades academically. She's in room 9 Brownlie. I recommend this school alot to parents and kids.

Posted April 06, 2011
Very good school!!! Love the school and teachers, clean and safe. My daughter is in the pre-k program and is the best. I am glad I was able to put my daughter in this school I always hear good comments on this school.

President Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2010
Love the school, absolutely love the teachers. The neighborhood is not at all questionable. I've turned down two schools with API scores over 800 to bring my child here. I've interviewed teachers, sat in classrooms, and spoke with other parents about their experiences at all three schools. What I've learned during this "school shopping" experience is this: API scores are not conducive to 'better education'. It is your child's teacher who provides that. Parents should work closely with their child's teacher to achieve academic potential rather than rely on state test scores to do that job. I've selected President Ave. because not only do the teachers and administrators respect you and your children, they all have the same goal as you: To have fun while learning and to maximize your child's potential.

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted October 08, 2009
I love President ave school all 8 of my children have gone here and the experience for all has been a great one.

President Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2009
My son has attended President Avenue School for the past two years. This is not his home school and I am so happy Dr. Annor has accepted my son into this school. Eventhough it is behind Narbonne High School, President Avenue is safe and secure. The most amazing part of this school is the teachers. These teacers are dedicated, extremely involved and caring. They are unified and all go above and beyond. It is so wonderful to see my son's teachers help him to succeed and master the California State Standards. One other component I like about President Avenue is their writing program. Many teachers use a program they've studied from Columbia University in New York. The after school program is FREE. President Avenue has a student orchestra program, chorus and music classes, and a great arts program. I am so happy with this school.

Posted May 20, 2009
We've lived in the area for nearly 3 summers and this is my son's first year attending President. Because of the negative things I've read on this paticular site, I refused to send my son here and continued driving to Long Beach everyday to take him to and from school. This fall I enrolled him with much apprehension...not only because I wasn't pleased with the test scores, but also because it's behind Narbonne. Although it took him a little while to get used to an LAUSD school (which is far different from LBUSD), I love his teacher! He has excelled and his report cards have continued to be high scoring. The administrators are fantastic! He also attends the after school program with the Boys & Girls Club and he loves it! Where else can you get free care, help with homework, a snack and playtime? I love it!!

Posted April 24, 2009

President Avenue Elementary School
1465 West 243rd Street, Harbor City, CA  90710
Last modified President Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
President Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top