New Journey Christian School 4

Posted April 11, 2013
New Journey Christian School is a school where children learn at an accelerated rate. The students are taught by very well educated teachers. The teachers are dedicated to teaching and preparing the student for great success. I am very pleased to be a part of this school. Parent participation is much needed. My niece started in preschool and is now in Kindergarten. I am pleased with her educational growth and I will recommend this school to anyone who is seeking a high quality educational program for their child. I am very satisfied. The teacher child ratio is excellent and my niece receives one-one time every day. The students learn to read in K4 and they are great readers. Many of them are advanced readers thanks to the teaching staff. If parents participate in their child's education than this school would be top rated. The curriculum is excellent and the students are required to complete five research projects for the school year. They have an excellent performing arts program. I think that if more parents donate or sponsor a classroom, the school could offer an outstanding computer science program. Parent participation is much needed.

New Journey Christian School 1

Posted July 10, 2009
The school is fine for younger kids up to maybe 3rd grade after that garde I feel the kids need to be taught not just giving a workbook to learn from. And they need to be giving the opportunity to express them self by learn how to write papers. I personally don't feel all the teachers are qualified to be teaching. You can voice your concerns about your childs education and it goes in one ear and out the other. I don't feel at this school your child can really learn all that they need with 2 different grade in the same classroom. I took my daughter out of this school after 6 years, which i should have done long before, but they keep promising me that things would get better and they never did. My daughter was tested after leaving this school and I was so upset.

Posted May 12, 2009
i would like to thank the staff for all they have done my child started in k5 class and stayed until the 1st grade and he learned a lot in the class they continue to do the best they can without parent participation I take my hat off to them yes it was trying with the construction but they did the best they could under the circumstances I can and will recommend this school to others

New Journey Christian School 2

Posted March 31, 2009

New Journey Christian School 3

Posted September 17, 2008
I chose New Journey because I wanted to give my daughter an excellerated school experience with a little religious persuasion. I have to admit that I am very dissatisfied with how her education plan is going. My daughter is in K5 and they do not have many options in regards to educational games and outdoor activities (due to the campus being under sonstruction). I have also come to the school on several occasions and have witnessed staff having personal conversations on their cell phones without paying attention to the children in the other room. The school year 08' has just started and I am already looking for another school, maybe even public to enroll my daughter in. I would not recommend this school to other parents who are looking for a school where their children will grow academically.

New Journey Christian School 3

Posted August 07, 2008
I chose New Journey as the first real 'school' experience for my son. I have tried over this past year to be understanding of the fact that some areas of the campus are under construction, however, I'm running out of patience. I would like to see more balance in the school day. There is very little time spent outside. PreK alternates between blocks and TV (and it's not always preschool appropriate either). On the other hand I have seen him progress quite well in some areas. He has 7 workbooks for K4, which is encouraging, but I still have other options on the back burner...

Posted July 30, 2008
My grandchild attends this school he had a wonderful school year. Teachers were excellent the learning material was challenging. Everything I hoped a school would be the New Journey School proved to be that. I am looking forward to my grandchild going to the 2nd grade. By the way I know parents in the preschool program that are highly pleased and have already re-enrolled for September 2008! New Journey is a great school!!!!

New Journey Christian School 0

Posted June 05, 2008
My daughter attended new journey last year in their preschool program. I found the program to be dissatisfactory. I felt the program relied heavily on preschool television programming. I also felt that my child regressed while in the program. I would not recommend it for preschool. Maybe the school aged program is better, however I personally will never find out.

Posted October 15, 2007
My grand daughter (1st grade) attends New Journey and she continues to excel academically. The staff and principal are top notch! Each and every employee is very instrumental in the success of New Journey. For the last year, I watched daily how each employee relates to the students. Even those staff members who are visible, but work quietly behind the scenes, they too are to be commended for the time and energy invested in New Journey's success. Bravo!

New Journey Christian School 2

Posted September 19, 2007

New Journey Christian School
14115 Cordary Avenue, Hawthorne, CA  90250
Last modified New Journey Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
New Journey Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top