Posted November 14, 2013
How this school is still open and not under constant scrutiny is everything wrong with how money gets spent in education. If ever there was a place that was in need of an audit it is Hawthorne Academy. The students are walking dollar signs to the owner, who hides in his office and leaves the lack of structure up to an inept administration. The children rule the school, which is just as well because there is no curriculum outside of what I guess are books that are donated from other schools when they get too old.

Posted October 28, 2013
hi my name ray davis I used to go to this school and I did not like it the only person that tried to help me was my favorite I was banned from LA Unified School District so I had to go to this school for my behavior I got into a lot of fights the only person that tried to help me was my favorite teacher Miss SimmonsI she was like a mom to me a very loving person always help me when I didn't understand something she help me get back to LA Unified School District and taught me the skills I will need to go back a regular school and it worked when no one else believe that I can do it she did and it was an easy but I'm got back into LA Unified School District and I graduated from John C Fremont High School class of 2013 I wanted to go to Santa Monica High School but they wouldn't let me get in the Santa Monica school district.

Posted December 17, 2010
Need to know how to commutate with the student need to know how to deal with the student problems right and not care about you paycheck remember student have feelings and when you don't care it sure with the student

Hawthorne Academy 3

Posted January 08, 2010
This school offers very good incentives for their students to attend school. Many of the students that attend this school do not do so willingly, but are ordered to do so by the courts and over time many do show that they want to go to school. Over the past year and a half there has been some improvements and the behavior of the students seems to be getting better. I think considering the population, this school does pretty well at trying to give the students an education.

Posted October 21, 2008

Hawthorne Academy 0

Posted June 12, 2008
After one year of having my child attend this school all i can say is that this school is joke. They hardly assign any work and none of which is challenging to the students, students wonder the hallways aimlessly without any redirection, and the Dean has his own agenda focused on money he receives from each kid. They do not motivate students to strive to do better but rather reinforce their complacency. I do not recommend this non-public school to anyone.

Posted June 10, 2008
The Students are very respectful they only need on propmt no more no less. The staff are very friendly and warm welcoming you feel right at home when you enter hawthorne Academy.

Posted April 17, 2008