Hawthorne, CA

Posted April 28, 2012
I love this school, also! My son is in first grade and I really appreciate his well experienced and educated teacher, Mrs. Meador. I have sat in her class a few times and I am so impressed with her ability to connect with the children. I witnessed the writing format that teaches children how to construct essay's on a first grade level. The school is always clean!! The principal has recorded messages that parents receive on their phones in case the school notices were lost, the parent is always informed of the school activities. They have two free after school programs, my son is in Mrs. Kay's afterschool program and she always makes sure his homework is either done or close to completion. She sincerely cares for the children. I have not had to deal with any bulling from other student and the environment is positive. My son enjoys school. I also love Mrs. Allen who works in the front office, she is always pleasant and professional. I wish there was more parent involvement but, these days most parents are just trying to make ends meet and if thats the case then this school is an excellent environment for single moms who are trying to juggle motherhood and economic pressures.

Cimarron Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2011
My daughter has attended Cimarron since Kindergarten and she has had good teachers all the way through especially, in 1st grade! My daughter has a good 2nd grade teacher as well. My only concerns about this school is the expectations level. For example, the open house this year was held from 8-2pm and parents were simply invited in to go to the classrooms and look at samples of student work. This type of open house format would have been unfathomable in a higher socio-economic status community and I believe that a school must operate with high expectations no matter what the level of parent or community involvement. Teacher absenteeism is high and the school lacks meaningful programs as well as a clear instructional focus. Because there is a low level of accountability and involvement from the community I believe that the school doesn't insist on high expectations and learning for its teachers and students. The principal is a nice person but, she lacks passion and I have lost confidence in her as an instructional leader and I am therefore, removing my child from the school for the 11-12 school year. The school is mediocre and deserves a mediocre reputation. Technology gets an "F".

Posted January 06, 2011
The regular education teachers are fantastic. The PTA is very strong and well prepared. The front office is helpful. They have a very well run Special Ed program with excellent teachers. I am glad my children attended and still attend this school.

Posted September 22, 2010
Cimmaron is an excellent neighborhood school in the tradition sense. I have 2 kids that attend Cimmaron. One has scored advanced on the recent CST and the other one has entered Kinder. Pre-school was a joy thanks to Ms Strings. You couldnt ask for a better example of what every teacher should be. She was awesome and the kids love her. She more than has them ready to enter Kinder when they are done. The school is well kept and tucked into a great community.

Cimarron Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted February 10, 2010
I permitted into this school just for the Pre-school program. My daughter is in Mrs. Strings pre-school and loves it. She has a gift with making sure all of the children are prepared for kindergarten no matter where they started from. Mrs. Strings is a really dedicated and an excellent teacher.

Posted January 25, 2010
Cimarron is a great neighborhood school. You will have to follow-up with your child at home but overall the administrators are doing an adequate job. I have sent all three of my sons to Cimarron and I would recommend it. All of the teachers and administrators know the children by name and the student are held accountable for their actions. Mrs. Strings is the perfect teacher for the pre-K program. She is excellent with the small children and she ensures that they are prepared for kinder. Mrs. Strings is just one example of the many teachers that go above and beyond on a daily basis. Keep up the good work and continue to improve!!!

Cimarron Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2009
Excellent staff from top to bottom

Posted July 06, 2009
This school has worked wonders with my child. The teachers are an assest, and the children want to learn. My child has made the gifted program for performing arts. This tells me the teachers pay attention to their students. I am very pleased.

Posted November 26, 2007

Posted August 31, 2006
My child had a great experience at Cimarron, she was able to grow in areas that weren't available in the private sector. This was her second year I feel the Principal was able to offer more to the children. Because of her age she was always willing to help. She pushed the children to new levels and introduced them to Academic Chess ,Music,Sports The Dance Team. Visiting various colleges some of the teachers were better than other but we'll find that all over I like the core groups for the teaching policy to make sure nobody was being left behind. The fifth graders were introduced to many projects in the classroom and out.There are great after school programs on campus. Thank you Cimarron for two wonderful years. Thank you teacher, Office staff and Our Wonderful Principal and Vice Principal for the preparation for middle school.

Cimarron Avenue Elementary School
11559 Cimarron Avenue, Hawthorne, CA  90250
Last modified Cimarron Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cimarron Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top