Juan De Anza Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 681 students

Posted August 30, 2014

Have not been happy with the principal and are disappointed with the schools in consistent policies. We also do not like that the school does not open the gates consistently at the same time every morning, However they are quick to mark your child tardy if they are one second late. The teachers have been great never a problem with them love them so far through third grade but have noticed a change with the school since the new principal.

Posted March 24, 2014

Anza is an excellent school with excellent teachers who care and are committed in the success of the children. I have 2 daughter's currently enrolled and another daughter soon to start Kindergarten. Anza is about academics, community and about laying a strong foundation for the children's future. The teachers are truly excellent at every grade level. I am proud to be an Anza Eagle Parent.

Posted October 28, 2013

It seems like Anza is really working hard to get ready for the new Common Core State Standards. There is a greater push for kids to understand the why and a closer tie to critical thinking. I am very excited to see this, Anza has always been such a good school and to know that my school is ahead of the game is very comforting. Kids really come first here! The teachers here are amazing and the principal is a wonder.

Posted July 10, 2013

I've caught kindergarten staff talking about my child when they didn't think I was paying attention. Shame on you!

Posted November 8, 2012

Anza School has amazing teachers. I always feel like my child is getting the highest quality education. They have high expectations, and my child has made tremendous growth with the guidance of her teachers. The communication is unbelievable, and I never feel in the dark about what my child is learning and doing in class. They prepare my child thoroughly.

Posted November 8, 2012

I have always been impressed with Anza, but after this week of parent/teacher conferences I am blown away! My daughter is in the fourth grade at Anza. My conference with her teacher was this week. The teacher suggested my daughter attend. This teacher not only broke down my daughter's grades for me, but got specific. She not only gave reasons behind the grades, but set specific goals for how she and my daughter would improve her grades. Instead of being a bystander, my daughter was actively part of the meeting and was allowed to offer her input. This teacher ensured me that if her grades did not improve, I would be contacted immediately and a new meeting would be set so we can create a new action plan. I have never heard of a school being so proactive to iprove the learning of each student. My daughter is by no means a failing student, but this teacher still made a point to set goals and involve me in the action plan.

Posted October 30, 2012

Tales of the 4th grade blues. I heard nothing but good things about Anza since I dug a little deeper I am disappointed. The 4th grade blues came when I realized that one of the most valuable assets to a school, the teachers, are really cubic zirconium. Some of the teachers at Anza really DO NOT want parental involvement. I.e. I requested and was denied 3 times to meet my child s science teacher just to put a face with a name, until, I mentioned getting the principal involved. My blues continued after I finally did meet with the science teacher, right away I detected animosity from the first introduction. I asked the science teacher if she could provide a schedule of assignments that she had planned for the next month or even the next 2 weeks so that I could prepare my student, she flat out said no. I guess she does no planning and wings it from day-to-day. One last thing, after I had asked to meet the teacher, my child told me that this teacher began to subtly use a meaner voice tone when speaking to my student, now I am very leary. I plan to monitor this situation very closely.

Posted September 8, 2012

We loved this school for 1st and 2nd grade- but for 3rd grade we were so unhappy and disappointed. My daughter was put in a 3rd grade class that had co-teachers- one would work 3 days in the beginning of the week and the other 2 days and they would switch consecutively. From day 1 I knew it would not work- as a teacher myself I had very strong feelings against this and asked to be switched out of the class after the 1st week- I gave the principal a LONG list as to why and he refused telling me they dont like to switch the kids out of classes. We had such a great experience with our 1st & 2nd grade teachers that my husband and I decided we would stick it out and ultimately we regreted that decision my daughter did great in class but was not properly prepared for the CSTs in my opinion- Having 2 differend teachers really was a distraction in the class for all kids they rarely were on the same page with each other although i am sure they tried. I was really sad about that. We ended up taking our daughter out of Anza and putting her in another school. Hopefully the new pricipal will accommadate parents better who feel passionate about their childs well being.

Posted September 7, 2012

Juan de Anza is an excellent public school. It has strong principal and school leadership, as well as excellent teachers. Classes are carefully balanced and relatively small in comparison to class sizes in nearby school districts. In addition the campus is wonderful, well maintained and very inviting for the children.

Posted June 29, 2011

I was more than impressed by my child's third grade teacher at Juan de Anza School. The teacher wrote grants in her free time to obtain high-tech equipment for my child's classroom. This teacher emphasized being responsible for your own learning, which was highly effective. The facilities at the school are amazing, and there are plenty of extracurricular activities and community events. I'm so glad I brought my daughter to this school. This school should be a 10.

Posted April 11, 2011

Juan De Anza is a great school, all around. Very diverse, excellent parent involvement and great school programs. We love it!

Posted May 25, 2010

Love it! Love it! Love it! My daughter has been here for 4 years and she loves it and I love it for her. It is a good fit for her, far better than the private school I took her out of. The teachers and staff are caring and are helping me to raise a thoughtful, caring, compassionate child. There is no bullying that I have ever seen or heard of and the kids are encouraged to think about their actions at all times. The parents are involved and it shows. The campus is beautiful and well maintained. The best I have seen in a public school and better than a lot of private schools we looked at.

Posted May 21, 2010

Juan De Anza Elementary School is a big family who cares for all their students and parents. Dr. Jones is the best principal a school can ever have. All the teachers are dedicated and devoted to their students. My five-year-old daughter is reading fluently and has learned and advanced a lot this year. Besides, the normal school curriculum, all students all being taught good manners, team spirit, going green, fitness, cooperation, friendship, responsability, hard work, honesty, and all the keys to success. I love all their staff. THANK YOU SO MUCH JUAN DE ANZA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.

Posted May 19, 2010

This school promotes education very highly with a consistent curriculum and very caring teachers. the school is in a small community and has such a good reputation it attracts children from outside the district such as us who want our children to attend this school

Posted May 17, 2010

The staff is great. I love the teachers, they're awesome. Everyone is very nice.

Posted May 17, 2010

My son is 20 and my daughter is 10 and the teachers still remember who my son is....the staff is great and they do make the kids feel special

Posted May 15, 2010

I am very proud of Juan de Anza which provides excellent education in addition to a safe and caring environment

Posted May 14, 2010

Juan De Anza has exceptional teachers!!!! My kids love their classes and their teachers and all of the fun activities Anza creates for the kids. All of the staff are soo dedicated to creating a positive, caring, and excellent learning environment for my children. Even if there's an issue everyone takes great care in creating a solution!

Posted May 14, 2010

I feel proud and honored to be able to send my child off to a school where I know the teachers, staff and parent volunteers care about her. She is getting a fantastic education in a safe and caring environment.

Posted May 13, 2010

Anza Elementary has excellent teachers, a caring principal, and at Anza everyone is someone special!

This school's

(2012)

8 / 10

7 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

8 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

7 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

All Students83%

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 4%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Spanish
  • Computer lab

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12110 Hindry Avenue