Juan De Anza Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2014
Have not been happy with the principal and are disappointed with the schools in consistent policies. We also do not like that the school does not open the gates consistently at the same time every morning, However they are quick to mark your child tardy if they are one second late. The teachers have been great never a problem with them love them so far through third grade but have noticed a change with the school since the new principal.

Posted March 24, 2014
Anza is an excellent school with excellent teachers who care and are committed in the success of the children. I have 2 daughter's currently enrolled and another daughter soon to start Kindergarten. Anza is about academics, community and about laying a strong foundation for the children's future. The teachers are truly excellent at every grade level. I am proud to be an Anza Eagle Parent.

Posted October 28, 2013
It seems like Anza is really working hard to get ready for the new Common Core State Standards. There is a greater push for kids to understand the why and a closer tie to critical thinking. I am very excited to see this, Anza has always been such a good school and to know that my school is ahead of the game is very comforting. Kids really come first here! The teachers here are amazing and the principal is a wonder.

Juan De Anza Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2013
I've caught kindergarten staff talking about my child when they didn't think I was paying attention. Shame on you!

Posted November 08, 2012
Anza School has amazing teachers. I always feel like my child is getting the highest quality education. They have high expectations, and my child has made tremendous growth with the guidance of her teachers. The communication is unbelievable, and I never feel in the dark about what my child is learning and doing in class. They prepare my child thoroughly.

Posted November 08, 2012
I have always been impressed with Anza, but after this week of parent/teacher conferences I am blown away! My daughter is in the fourth grade at Anza. My conference with her teacher was this week. The teacher suggested my daughter attend. This teacher not only broke down my daughter's grades for me, but got specific. She not only gave reasons behind the grades, but set specific goals for how she and my daughter would improve her grades. Instead of being a bystander, my daughter was actively part of the meeting and was allowed to offer her input. This teacher ensured me that if her grades did not improve, I would be contacted immediately and a new meeting would be set so we can create a new action plan. I have never heard of a school being so proactive to iprove the learning of each student. My daughter is by no means a failing student, but this teacher still made a point to set goals and involve me in the action plan.

Juan De Anza Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2012
Tales of the 4th grade blues. I heard nothing but good things about Anza since I dug a little deeper I am disappointed. The 4th grade blues came when I realized that one of the most valuable assets to a school, the teachers, are really cubic zirconium. Some of the teachers at Anza really DO NOT want parental involvement. I.e. I requested and was denied 3 times to meet my child s science teacher just to put a face with a name, until, I mentioned getting the principal involved. My blues continued after I finally did meet with the science teacher, right away I detected animosity from the first introduction. I asked the science teacher if she could provide a schedule of assignments that she had planned for the next month or even the next 2 weeks so that I could prepare my student, she flat out said no. I guess she does no planning and wings it from day-to-day. One last thing, after I had asked to meet the teacher, my child told me that this teacher began to subtly use a meaner voice tone when speaking to my student, now I am very leary. I plan to monitor this situation very closely.

Juan De Anza Elementary School 2

Posted September 08, 2012
We loved this school for 1st and 2nd grade- but for 3rd grade we were so unhappy and disappointed. My daughter was put in a 3rd grade class that had co-teachers- one would work 3 days in the beginning of the week and the other 2 days and they would switch consecutively. From day 1 I knew it would not work- as a teacher myself I had very strong feelings against this and asked to be switched out of the class after the 1st week- I gave the principal a LONG list as to why and he refused telling me they dont like to switch the kids out of classes. We had such a great experience with our 1st & 2nd grade teachers that my husband and I decided we would stick it out and ultimately we regreted that decision my daughter did great in class but was not properly prepared for the CSTs in my opinion- Having 2 differend teachers really was a distraction in the class for all kids they rarely were on the same page with each other although i am sure they tried. I was really sad about that. We ended up taking our daughter out of Anza and putting her in another school. Hopefully the new pricipal will accommadate parents better who feel passionate about their childs well being.

Posted September 07, 2012
Juan de Anza is an excellent public school. It has strong principal and school leadership, as well as excellent teachers. Classes are carefully balanced and relatively small in comparison to class sizes in nearby school districts. In addition the campus is wonderful, well maintained and very inviting for the children.

Posted June 29, 2011
I was more than impressed by my child's third grade teacher at Juan de Anza School. The teacher wrote grants in her free time to obtain high-tech equipment for my child's classroom. This teacher emphasized being responsible for your own learning, which was highly effective. The facilities at the school are amazing, and there are plenty of extracurricular activities and community events. I'm so glad I brought my daughter to this school. This school should be a 10.

Juan De Anza Elementary School
12110 Hindry Avenue, Hawthorne, CA  90250
Last modified Juan De Anza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juan De Anza Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 131 reviews. Top