Posted November 29, 2014
My daughter has attended the Wiseburn school district on permit since Pre-School and graduated from Dana. Sure she had two teachers she didn't care for over the 9 years she spent there. But she also had so many amazing teachers. She is so ahead of the game. She now attends Mira Costa which has the highest API score in the South Bay. She finds Costa easy compared to Dana. They push them hard but there are plenty of teachers that stay afterschool to help. If you want your child prepared for the rea world, I highly suggest Dana.

Posted April 02, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Dana and she is LOVING it! The classes are very challenging which I love because pushes my child to do better and better; if she gets a B she is not satisfied and pushes herself to conquer that A. The school is diverse, with kids of different ethnic and financial backgrounds that make no difference to the kids. It teaches my child tolerance and respect for others belief. The teachers are caring, dedicated and upbeat! My daughter came home excited at a performance the teachers put together with a song, so they offer not only a private school education at a public school price but they also make school fun with their unique learning environment. We are just so pleased and greatful to Dana MS and we constantly recommend it to others.

Richard Henry Dana Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
RH Dana Middle School is dedicated to ensuring students have a positive educational experience. My son has attended the school for the past 2 years and the school has a small community feel. The core subjects are taught by teachers that care.

Posted August 22, 2013
I think my school is a great school. I think my school is great because I feel safe, they have amazing after school programs, great sport teams,and awesome staff. The facilities are very well in shape and the classrooms are nice sizes. The teachers are nice they know what there teaching and they know it very well. Dana has great discipline rules, there are no bullies and all students have an equal amount of attention from the teachers. But sometimes it can get cold or hot in the classrooms and the teachers aren't able to change the temperature from the classrooms the office has to change it and I would really like for the teachers to change the temperature.

Posted December 22, 2012
Dana is an excellent middle school. My daughter is in her third year, and looking back, it is amazing how much she has learned. Her grades have risen from 3.2 to 4.0. The teachers are wonderful. They are skilled educators and care about the students. Students are taught to organize, set goals and self evaluate. My daughter has always had meaningful homework and great projects to complete. The yearly trips are wonderful learning opportunities.

Posted November 16, 2012
GREAT SCHOOL!! My son has been here three years and it has been a wonderful experience. I would recommend DMS to any parent looking for diversity, camaraderie, teachers and staff that care and FUN!

Posted March 14, 2012
The best school ever. Friendly teachers and atmosphere (:. I am an 8th grader and will be very sad when i leave. This school is the best middle school to put your child!

Posted July 18, 2011
My younger daughter just graduated from Dana and I cried for days at the thought of leaving this most amazing middle school. We were there on permit (my older daughter attended for two years and my younger daughter for three years) and could not have asked for more. The leadership leads consistently well, and the staff are always available to parents and students. It felt a 'family' where everyone is known and valued, including each student being known by name. Teachers meet a high standard and the students are encouraged to achieve and reach their best potential. For the student who requires more advanced studies, Dana provides them. I always knew that my girls were safe and well taken care of. This school is truly a "gem" and shouldn't be missed!

Posted March 13, 2011
Best school ever in like the world.nice teachers and students and nice lunches. CANT GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Henry Dana Middle School 4

Posted February 11, 2010
My son attends Dana Middle School on a permit. In the 3 years he has been in attendance, I have never had a problem. I love Dana Middle School and students are proud to attend.

Richard Henry Dana Middle School
5504 West 135th Street, Hawthorne, CA  90250
Last modified Richard Henry Dana Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard Henry Dana Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top