K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son has attended Trinity Lutheran School since 2011. He started in the Pre-K program where I quickly noticed a great improvement in his speech and interaction with others. The teachers and staff are caring individuals who really want the students to succeed. My son has learned a lot academically and I feel that he has benefited more from being at Trinity than he would have at any other public school. In addition, they benefit from getting a great Christian education. My second son will be attending Pre-K this fall and I look forward to seeing them grow both religiously and academically.

Trinity Lutheran school is a safe and loving environment for children to lean and grow both spiritually and academically. The first grade teacher is a master teacher who develops children into eager, capable learners. In the first grade children develop learning skills: reading, writing, comprehension, test taking skills, math and science, plus social skills. They also have a great kindergarten program. Upper grades have hard working teachers.

This is a great preschool with lots of heart. Both my daughters attend the school. There's a loving learning environment. The director genuienly cares about, interacts with, and knows all the kids by name. Note: the other parent that said there were "hidden costs" is misleading - the tuition is very reasonable. If you want extra activities like dance class or gymnastics that come on campus weekly, there's a fee for the class, but that is everywhere. It's not "daycare" - these are all certified teachers with teaching degrees. The cirriculmn goals are shared every month. It's a great school - we love it and so do several other teachers that have their kids there. It's education with a heart.

Currently my son is a middle schooler at Trinity Lutheran School. Trinity provides a wonderful Christian environment in which my son is able to focus on his class work and not on his bullies. The students wear uniforms which is great because we don't have to worry about what to wear every day. The school gives you a feeling of family. The kids all know each other, from pre k to middle school. The parents are given opportunities to meet each other, thanks to the many gatherings provided by the school and the church. The teachers are caring and always show concern for the children. They care about my son's academic achievement. They are always available to the parents and the children. My son's teachers stay after school to help the students if needed. The administrators of the school and the preschool are very warm and welcoming. My friend has her sons at both the school and the preschool thanks to my recommendation and she is very grateful for it. I could probably find a less expensive school nearby but I'm not so sure I could find the wonderful qualities that Trinity provides. My son has created some wonderful friendships and is excelling academically. Thanks Trinity

Trinity Lutheran school in Hawthorne has small class size. My son is in second grade and has a spilling skills of fourth grade student. My daughter is KG and strated already reading. My kids love their school and teachers. I will definitely recomand the school.

My Daughter recently graduated from Trinity Lutheran Pre-school and will be attending the Elementary school. I found that the Pre-K did lack some of the foundational skills I would like to have seen and often repeated or worked slower than needed, how ever, because pre-schoolers, depending on when they started, can be at different levels, I can understand the pace. The school should not to allow the disgruntled employees voice their personal opinions too much; it turns parents off. The campus is lovely, sanitary and safe. The director is wonderful and the activities very nice. Buyer beware there are a lot of hidden costs that come through the wood-work be prepared to spend upwards of 600 bucks monthly, but too me it was worth it.

They have multigrade class settings. I'm not a fan of that especially when I'm paying money out to a private education.

Our son attended Trinity Lutheran Preschool from 2 1/2 - 5 years of age and we found it to be an all around extremely rewarding experience. When he first began, he was very shy and reserved and by the time he graduated Pre-K, he was much more outgoing and we were very pleased with how much he had learned and his social skills had improved. I feel the tuition is more than comparable to what you would pay elsewhere and are forever grateful to those who played such an intrical part in our son's academic and social development. So much, that we are planning on sending his younger brother there in a couple years as well so their wonderful staff can provide him the very same foundation for success...

Trinity Lutheran is a focused school. They know their mission: to provide a safe, caring school environment so that students can focus on learning and enjoy developing lasting friendships. The staff are firm and caring and the children respect them. Trinity continues to update their curriculum materials in order to stay current with state standards. Trinty is well worth the nominal fees.

My daughter has been at TLS for 3 years. Tuition is reasonable, however, academically students tend to be lacking in the area of math. Students are strong in Lang. Arts,Drama,& Singing. Upper grade teachers have a high turn over rate. Loving staff and caring environmt. School trying to make physical improvemts. but need to make curriculum and teacher improvements. 3rd&4th grade teachers are awesome.

Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8