Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted June 24, 2016
Thanks to the principal Mrs. Irma Torres and company for doing a great job bringing awards & recognition for the school! You're giving us parents something to be proud of! Keep up the good work!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 24, 2016
1st Grade teacher, Ms. Beth Uno was a hardworking, honest and awesome teacher. I hope this school will keep her as she is an asset to Burbank!

Burbank Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2016
The best elementary school in Hayward and we're happy that my daughter goes here. We moved to Hayward last year in consideration of this school. So far, the principal has done good things for this school, she's accomodating and some of the teachers/staff I've met were nice. My daughter's 1st grade teacher, Ms. Beth Uno was amazing, hardworking, honest and I hope they keep her at this school! She's an asset! Keep up the good work Burbank ES!

Posted August 13, 2013
I am so proud to be member of the Burbank Community. It is an excellent elementary school and has proven that it meets the needs of students by offering a rigorous academic program presented by dedicated professionals. Besides an excellent academic program students become proficient in the latest technology which begins with IPads in Kindergarten and continues with Keynote presentations in upper grades. Children are expected to be respectful, responsible and safe. When I first began teaching at Burbank 7 years ago our API was the lowest of any elementary school in Hayward at 613. In 2012 our API soared to 841. I am currently a substitute teacher and am extremely proud to be able to still call Burbank my home.

Burbank Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2013
Please turn back now if you care about a good education, forget it! Burbank doesn't even know what that means! The principal is sarcastic & dresses ready for a BBQ, she's not professional, never returns calls or can meet you, just like their youth spcl. Parents never volunteer & don't care. A staffer told me that the administration was a mess. Office staff rude w/ attitude. There are very few good teachers. Academics is not a priority & my children did not learn a thing.They cater to Spanish speaking students. It's a joke to ask for English fliers. No extra activities. At every point of contact with admin. was attitude because your English speaking. It's a joke when they say there is no money but every month the parent calendar caters to Spanish speaking parents like learning English etc., Last I checked this was an elementary school not a job center, shouldn't our money go towards children? Shame on them we are not here to teach parents anything, its their responsibility to get off the couch & help themselves. We aren't setting a good example by enabling their behavior, uh that's not how the real world works. Worst school ever! Move out of the Hayward School District! O stars!

Posted September 17, 2009
They really care about the kids and want them to learn.

Posted August 07, 2009
My daughter reads and writes Spanish and she is able to sound out letteres and words, spanish is a new 2nd languge for her. She is able to do the same in English and I'm so impressed being that she is only going into the 2nd grade. Her teachers are very involved. I can't wait for my Kindergardner to start this year!

Posted April 16, 2009
My daughter has attended kindergarden this year and started not knowing to speak spanish, now not only she speaks it but writes and reads it. the principal is very involved accesable and it's always on her fits helping as a yard dutty,lunch,parking. everyone is very nice.

Posted August 14, 2008
I've been involved at Burbank this past year and it has the most dedicated, hard working staff of any school I have visited. They are dedicated to make sure every child succeeds with high expectations for staff, students and parents. The staff is working diligently to improve their academic performance. Burbank has an active parent group who are very involved in working with the staff to make Burbank a school where every child succeeds no matter what their socioeconomic or academic needs are. They are very excited to move into a beautiful new school this year.

Posted April 03, 2008
My daughter is a Kindergarten and I'm so happy at her age she can already read. My daughter is lucky to have Mrs. Lawrence as her teacher.

353 B Street, Hayward, CA  94541-6307
Last modified Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.