Bad
Good

The Best school in Hayward, Safe for children, nice school, technology updated, faculty is great. Excellent teaching method. I happened to know because my son comes here, and I happened to volunteer once a week. I'm very happy with my son academic progress.

A community oriented school with excellent teachers that really care about their kids' education and creating well-rounded people. Overall, it is a good school. My daughter has been going there since kindergarten and now she is in 6th grade. She is really sad that it is her last year in this school.

The campus is nice and new, though the design seems institutional to me. In the past 4 years I've seen really good teaching talent leave, due to district policies and principal turnover, while many of the teachers who stay on board seem out of touch with students. Notices are OFTEN given to kids with incorrect information - or due the same day they are given, however if a child fails to turn something in on time they are practically shunned by the staff and not allowed to participate in activities. Front office staff also has a reputation for showing a coldness to the students and I have experienced it on several occasions as a parent. The 3rd principal in just 4 years, seems to have a good relationship with kids, however communication with parents is severely lacking and the phone system directory doesn't even recognize her name when trying to contact her. This school has always had a good reputation, despite the fact that it is in Hayward, however the API scores and my own experience have demonstrated severe need for improvement.

Since my son transferred here , the quality of education is better. This is the best school in the Hayward Unified School District. The leadership is very good. Communication is great with the parents.

East Ave provides a wonderfully challenging and yet fun loving atmosphere for our young children to thrive in. I have both a 3rd grader and a Kinder and both are performing well above class level. I deeply appreciate all the 'extras' that East Ave provides such as a truly dedicated faculty, library, computer lab, science, music, drama, and special after school art and foreign language programs. Kudos to Coach for all the extra sporting activities. I believe all these things reach kids through different means and help them bond with the school and work that much harder.

I was very skeptical of having my son go to school in Hayward. It is not typically known for having a great education system. However, I am thrilled to have my son at East Avenue. He is learning, thriving, the teachers and parents are very involved and it's a partnership. There are lots of extra curricular activities and the amount of things that the kids are learning is phenominal!

My older one is in Grade 1 (considered advance in her class) and younger one is in KG (considered very bright). Very good school, good discipline, brilliant teachers who work with you to make your child even brighter. Main thing is any school can be BEST as long as parents are involved in their education as well. We love this school.

East Avenue Elementary has been outstanding for my children! The teachers are phenomenal because not only do they teach the children but they care about the kids as well. They take the time to give the children that extra one on one time!! They really are the best!

East ave is a hidden treasure in hayward. I personally think that this school is probablly the best elemantary school that the hayward unified school district has to offer.

this school is the best. the teachers are great and sixth grade is the best year to be at that school because there is so many fun things that you get to do.

Last modified East Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.