Hayward, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 13, 2014
Fairview School does not know much about discipline and how to handle children in the class room. They need more training on child psychology. They need to learn and understand the mentality of a child. They need to challenge to achieve for the better instead of pushing them to the back and leave them for failure. I am disappointed in the way children are being handled in bully situations and the communication between the staff and the principle. It seem like they are more worried about their jobs then the well being of the education of the child.

Posted June 13, 2014
This was my first year at Fairview and it was a little difficult in the beginning. I had just had a baby and was unable to be involved with my child's education. But after a few weeks I got to meet her teacher and the new principle. Work with the teacher and communicating daily with here. My husband and I help the best we can in the class or in the school had made this a great school year. Parents need to be involved in help mold our children. My daughter did great and ended the year on a good note.;)

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
Here is was I DID like about the School 1. Brand New School 2. YEP program Here is What every Parent Should KNOW and What I DID NOT like about the school: My child was going to Fairview for 1st Grade, however, in the last month of school we moved so I had to move my child to another school. Through out the whole year my child Report card will come home as she is A+ student, Excellent in reading, Multiple certificates in Math. My child even received a certificate of student of the YEAR. Every time I will ask the teacher how is my child, The teacher will always claim my Child is one of the classroom's top student. (Tell me which parent on earth does NOT like hearing that about their Child). When I moved my child to another School District I WAS SHOCKED, they had my child take test to determine my child academic level.... ONLY TO FIND OUT My child is reading 37 words in a min, when she is supposed to be reading 53 words WHICH MAKES ME HIGHLY BELIEVE Fairview Elementary Misleads Parents, Does not give correct Report Cards, makes Student Academic level DROP AS for that this is a horrible school

Posted April 30, 2014
One of the best TK teachers is at this school. Ms. McKenna has been so wonderful with her students, and my daughter is very very very lucky to have Ms. McKenna. She has blossomed tremendously under her tutelage which is academic-driven, so I feel confident that my daughter will take on kindergarten with such confidence. I wish my daughter could continue to have Ms. McKenna as her kindergarten teacher - that would definitely be a reason for me to apply for intradistrict transfer, but alas, my daughter has to go back to her home school next year. Any transitional kindergartner who has Ms. McKenna is very lucky! And I love the "Made in Hayward" campaign and the "Fairview Pledge" - it tells me that this school is on the right track!

Posted March 05, 2014
I am not happy about this school. There is a new principal, so I am not sure how improved the school will be in the coming years. My biggest concerns about this school are: street safety, bullying, and communication. 1st- street safety. There is NO safety at all when you drop off your child. I have seen frequently how close kids got to get run over, including my own children, in the mornings. There are no crossing guards on D st and Maud. Even when I drop off the children in the front driveway, the teacher would not come out to hold up "stop" - she would only do it for kids crossing from the 2nd driveway, so my kids got almost run over. 2nd - my kid has been bullied repeatedly, and I had reported. No one has informed me about physical assault on my child, and I had to take my child to the doctor to get the wound checked on. 3rd - see the 2nd reason. Communication is dismal! At end of this school year, I'm pulling my child out and enrolling at another school.

Posted March 04, 2010

Posted December 26, 2008

Posted December 03, 2008
My children attend Fairview but I am ready to enroll them in another school because the parent involvement is sorely lacking as is the students' guidance at home. I feel the school's student population has deteriorated and it shows by the lack of respect for authority, peers,and property. The teaching staff and office personnel are top rate. My complaint is about unruly and disrespectful children who seem to worsen each year. I'm ready for my children to finish their education elsewhere and am sad to say Fairview is not the environment I want for them.

Posted January 13, 2008

Posted October 19, 2007

Fairview Elementary School
23515 Maud Avenue, Hayward, CA  94541
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top