Posted September 09, 2013
This school has improved a lot and will keep on improving. Parent should be more active, I know I'm always there - there PTA is so sad but there doing there best, they need more parents to be involved. The Teachers are great- and the rest of the staff . Everyone has one goal and that is to make this school a #10.

Harder Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2013
I have a granddaughter in this school and I have to say there is much improvement needed. I have always been an involved parent and so is my husand and my mother. We have been yelled at, lied to, uninformed and when I wrote 2 letters to the principal and left a voice mail, I did not get ANY feed back. My granddaughter was out of school for 2 days and I was threatened with truancy.... not informed, threatened. Last year prior to the open of school, I couldnt even find out what day school started!! they called me the monday of the starting week. If we expect our children to be prepared, plan and communicate, then it must be shown by example.

Posted October 18, 2012
My son goes to this school currently. I know the staff is very involved and are working hard to improve the whole moral of the school. I have to disagree with the comment made about the principal. I am a total different race than he is and my son also experienced bullying. i have to say that the issue was addressed and measures were taken. I think sometimes we forget that the staff has state rules and regulations that leave their hands tied. There is no doubt that they are struggling with getting extra curricular activities started. It has to do with the parent involvement. If you are able get involved.

Harder Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
The problem with this school is the principle he caters to his own kind. He is not professional and they need a new leader. I was a student at this school and was excited to send my child, it's his forst year and already he has experienced bullying. I have been up to this school several times and nothing has happened, now I see why it's a level 1 school.

Posted November 22, 2011
Teachers and staff are good. I think the problem is the lack of parent involvement. We have gone to almost all parent / school meetings / assemblies and every time you see parents talking on their cell phones, talking over the teachers / speakers, and complaining for having to be there. One time my husband had to tell a parent that was talking very loudly to be quiet during a musical performance. Just don't go if you aren't going to participate. We did have an issue where my son was punched by a child and my son was sent home because his face was red from the punch and the other child was given a slip to take home, is that fair?. Also, my son was given a warning for sticking up to a bully that had pushed him and another child. There needs to be more positive things for the children that do not misbehave and harsher punishment for those that do.

Posted January 20, 2011
Improvements are slow. Getting parents and teachers to get involved is like trying to move a brick wall. Teachers only want to teach, do what they have too, and go home for the day. Parents drop their children off and expect the teachers to do the rest without having to get involved until they pick them up at the end of the day. And those of us who do care, that do get involved, that do what they can for the student ; join the PTA and slowly try to chip away at that brick wall. Stop complaining, stop whining, stop crying. Everyone is to blame if a community can't pull together for the sake of their children. Everyone is to blame for not getting involved. Stop blaming the school, the teachers, the parents, because it doesn't matter whatsoever to the students unless everyone makes an effort. A school is useless without everyones involvement.

Harder Elementary School 2

Posted February 09, 2010
I agree with the previous posting. Harder seems soulless to me also. My daughter is enjoying 5th grade and has been at Harder since K with Ms. Lloyd. I'm ready to move on to middle school. I have an upcoming day off and want to check out the parent center which was just completed. One thing I must end with is my daughter is on the Honor Roll and she received her certificate. In the past, a Citizenship Certificate was also given to the students who earned it. She did, but was told only one certificate per student even though she earned both. I am not a happy parent.

Harder Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2009
I am sorry to say that Harder feels empty this year. There was a sense of community in the last several years that seems gone now. The school lacks personality this year. The kids used to love to go to school and the staff, in general seemed happy. That is no longer the case. I was definitely happy as a parent. We need to find a way to bring the life back to Harder. Unfortunately the principals and many of the teachers who had that energy, enthusiasm and passion are gone. I hope that those of us who are still there can find it for the sake of the students.

Harder Elementary School 0

Posted November 17, 2009
This year at Harder is going to be fun but we need more parent envolvment with the school site council. As the chairperson of the SSC, Im asking for any thoughts or ideas on how to improve Harders AYP. Harder is a great school but with more parents Involvement i know it will only get bettter

Harder Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2008
It is clear that change is a scary thing for some people. I am happy to see that change at Harder has been positive. Starting from the school facilities that have been painted and are lined with pictures of students and the school community. Physically the place is far more welcoming and more like a school than like the dingy institution that it looked like for years. There are a lot of student events for the kids as well as many many classes, workshops and groups for the parents to get involved in. I am one of the many parents who supports Harder and is proud to say that my students attend this school.

Harder Elementary School
495 Wyeth Road, Hayward, CA  94544
Last modified Harder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harder Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top