Mount Eden High School

Public | 9-12 | 2003 students

Posted June 3, 2014

This school was not the best looking but we do our best to make ot look nice and neat I love mt Eden especially the art program its soo amazing if your an artist or love art or want to Lear I encourage you to take art.we have amazing teacher's that make teaching fun and interesting. GO MONARCHS

Posted June 2, 2014

This school is not at all good. All the asians hang in one corner, all the Hispanics in the other. There are no people who will want to be your friend. The counselors there, are never actually there, they're always at "meetings" . A certain math teacher expects students to know Algebra 2, and fails 50% of students. However, one thing about this school i love is Chemistry Honors program. The teacher is great and knowledgable, and students learn skills, they could actually use in real life. (ahem algrebra 2) The choir program is great, but all the asians refuse to be friends with diverse people. Same with show choir. That is all. =)

Posted September 16, 2013

Amazing school. The spirit at MEHS is strong and encouraging and the arts program is unmatched. Mrs. Marshall is unbelievable with her dance kids and transforms habits. Ms. King teaches her kids to draw with their hearts. Mr. Rawdon is a magical in guiding the award winnin choir. Mr. Kevin Cato leads the MEHS Band with pride and changes the hearts of his students. Mr. Ronnie Cato is a father, friend, teacher, and just about everything to his Orchestra and without him, nothing would be possible. Amazing school with amazing people. Don't judge a people by the practicalities of their school; Mt. Eden High School will make you eat your words.

Posted June 16, 2013

This school may look ghetto but it's not. Mt. Eden has a lot of school pride and the people probably have the most school pride then any other school. The murals are beautiful and they make due with what they have. I have not been bullied since I've been here and everyone is actually nice. If parents are worried about their child they shouldn't. Mt. Eden is safe and it all depends on where your child stands as a person. Badmitton has been undefeated and their football/basketball programs has been stepping it up. choir and Band are #1 in Norcal and most likely in the country. There are a lot of dedicated people. The art program is really good as well. if you haven't seen the murals by ap art, you need to check it out. before you judge the school by appearence, attend one of the events! I just the district gave more money and help give Mt. Eden more potential. I wouldn't want to attend any other school and I love Mt. Eden! GO MONARCHS! I love this school so much i bleed blue and gold!

Posted September 7, 2012

Mt. Eden High School may not be the best looking school there but i have been attending there for 2 years and the teachers give you major support. all thought there may be a gang problem there the only thing you can do to be safe is just not hang out with the wrong kind of people and dont start something you cant finish. As long as you treat people with respect they will treat you with respect back. The bullying is not bad at all everyone is nice and not one time hav i been bullied. There is girls there that dont like me but after all who cares im there to learn!

Posted June 8, 2012

This school is garbage. The students there will treat you like trash no matter what. Don't think they'll be nice. They can be nice at first, but they'll backstab you in the end, and that is unacceptable. I have been bullied every single day during my high school years, and because of that, this school deserves only 1 star. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. ATTEND ELSEWHERE!

Posted January 21, 2012

The CCS committee at Mt. Eden has been there for over four years, we During these four years they haven't earned anything just to spend the money they not even have bylaws. We need to have new elections, we need to have people who really wants to help the community

Posted August 17, 2011

Mt. Eden Staff need to get a little more active in the education of all students during the 2011-2012 school year. There needs to be a website for the school. My daughter attended MLK Middle and every staff was so welcoming, supportive and enjoyed their job. We loved the Middle school experience and the great involvement of the lovely MLK staff. KUDOS to MRS. SANTOS!!! The principal at the MLK was awesome and Mrs Santos was just supportive of everything on the campus. I don't see this at Mt. Eden HS. Their seems to be a I don't care mood that is unacceptable. Meeting are always unorganized, cancelled or just don't happen. This year, I will make sure that things happen because it will be reported to the HUSD school district and Alameda county Office of Education immediately..I'm tired and hate to do this, but it's my child and other''s education at jeopardy. No more, no more! Things need to really change at Mt. Eden big time. Change will happen for the 2011-2012 school year and I promise that.

Posted June 13, 2011

It has a great art , band, and choir programs and have showed this by winning numerous awards.

Posted October 31, 2010

Because it's the place that holds a good part of my memories!! I love my school... Because I had the best teachers Mr. Anderson very patient teacher was very helpful even though I couldn't BEG an answer out if him! I know my states and all the Capitols now! Now I love history!!! And I would love to help my school!!!

Posted January 28, 2010

Mt. Eden High School has experienced a difficult transition in the past 3 years with new administrators and now 3 principals. The District must hire a principal who is willing to embrace the diversity of the school and the community. Great leadership means great results. Somewhat disappointed with academics - lack of teachers/students motivation it is not too late to unite and stop the division between student groups/parents/teachers. We are all in it together and the reputation of the school affects us all.

Posted September 30, 2009

The food is not so good. They do not let us use the feilds in the back of the school before at lunch or after school, only in P.E. And some of the teachers aren't that good.but most are really good.so yea I think it an average high school with fights and stuff.

Posted April 24, 2009

It easy to blame the teachers as to why Mt.Eden is a bad school. Parents need to keep in mind that class are surpassing class size, funding is decreasing and yet teachers are expected to produce brilliant students? Of course teachers are stressed, their lessons can't even begin to deal with real issues students face. As a former students I can say yes, there were bad moments but I was pushed by my teachers to do well. This year I will be graduating from a 4-yr university and applying to schools for a masters program. At Mt.Eden I was not the top of my class and received straight A's. Its a students choice to want to go to class and do hw. I believe my parents were a major factor to my academic success. Parents need to fight the state to change the schools, not point fingers at the teachers.

Posted January 10, 2009

many people believe that Mt. Eden is not a very good school. Yet, my four years attending this school I I enjoyed every single day. I recieved a wonderful education from teachers who pushed me to the limit, and broadened my knowledge. Yes, there are teachers who are not very good, but there are a lot who are. If your child wants to challenge him or herself, let them. There are many teachers here that want to see their students succeed, and commit themselves to doing so. Many teachers there will forever be appreciated from me.

Posted September 2, 2008

Both my son and daughter were exposed to many things at this school such as gangs, drugs, and bullying. The teachers could care less and parents are not involved. I became so distant to my teenage kids that I was worried they wouldn't graduate. This school has a lot of bad influences and not enough role models. The district needs to put more effort in these kids academicly so that they have a future to look forward. I am currently not happy with their system.

Posted July 7, 2008

I am a parent of a student who recently graduated from Mt. Eden High School . To parents of students attending this school, please watch your child. There are a lot of staff in this school who care less about the education of students. I am not sure what goes on in this school, but sometimes as a parent I felt so lost and my child too. I had to follow all of my childs class from his freshman year to senior year. I am so happy he will no longer be apart of this school. I really feel that the public school is not improve enough and that students are getting lost in the system if parents don't step up and follow their child until graduation. Mt. Eden HS needs lots of improvements when it comes to the educational success of our students. Parent of a 2008 graduate

Posted June 8, 2008

I really agree with this parent. First of all, its the child's choice whether or not they want to fail or not. I've just got accepted to a UC and there are teachers who arent very good but there are other teachers who are good. You have to deal with it. I dealed with it and look where I am.

Posted May 27, 2008

mt.eden is he worst school ever! i will never or ever recommend anyone to attend this school.this school is know help to there students there very rude as far as the teachers go students are outrageously disrespectful theres know control at all at this school they dont set the children up for success they set them up for failuar and it is toltaly a disgrace

Posted June 19, 2007

The students there are very nice and the atmosphere is very great!

Posted June 6, 2007

If your child is focused, this is a great school. The teachers genuinely care about their students. But there are exceptions including counselors. Keep in touch via email, phone calls and conferences with your student's teachers and counselor. Check your kids attendance bimonthly. There is no truancy plan for cuts , except after 6 unexcused absences the student loses 1 credit.

This school's

(2012)

3 / 10

2 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met its schoolwide API target for 2013.
  • This school has not yet met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

3 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

2 / 10

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 25% in 2013.

180 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 65% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 58% in 2013.

252 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 38% in 2013.

179 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 62% in 2013.

424 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 45% in 2013.

184 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated/Coordinated Science I

The state average for Integrated/Coordinated Science I was 26% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 38% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 51% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 13% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 39% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 41% in 2013.

210 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 46% in 2013.

238 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 35% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 52% in 2013.

476 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 15% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

High School (Summative) Mathematics (Grade 9-11)

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2013.

466 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 46% in 2013.

463 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 10% in 2013.

44 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 15% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology/Life Sciences

The state average for Biology/Life Sciences was 51% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 32% in 2013.

171 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Earth Science

The state average for Earth Science was 37% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 48% in 2013.

400 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 8% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

High School (Summative) Mathematics (Grade 9-11)

128 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 58% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 50% in 2013.

403 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 19% in 2013.

15 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students25%

Parent education - high school graduate47%
Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)56%
Parent education - college graduate71%
Parent education - declined to state50%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students5%

Economically disadvantaged22%
Students with no reported disability22%
Fluent-English proficient and English only20%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 83% in 2013.

490 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

492 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students75%

This school District averageState average
First-year teachers 5%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)

• Jon Lorimer
Fax number
  • (510) 786-2269

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Individually guided instruction

Staff resources available to students
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Spanish
  • Computer lab

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2300 Panama Street