Hayward, CA
Students enrolled: 2,003

Posted June 03, 2014
This school was not the best looking but we do our best to make ot look nice and neat I love mt Eden especially the art program its soo amazing if your an artist or love art or want to Lear I encourage you to take art.we have amazing teacher's that make teaching fun and interesting. GO MONARCHS

Mount Eden High School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
This school is not at all good. All the asians hang in one corner, all the Hispanics in the other. There are no people who will want to be your friend. The counselors there, are never actually there, they're always at "meetings" . A certain math teacher expects students to know Algebra 2, and fails 50% of students. However, one thing about this school i love is Chemistry Honors program. The teacher is great and knowledgable, and students learn skills, they could actually use in real life. (ahem algrebra 2) The choir program is great, but all the asians refuse to be friends with diverse people. Same with show choir. That is all. =)

Mount Eden High School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
Amazing school. The spirit at MEHS is strong and encouraging and the arts program is unmatched. Mrs. Marshall is unbelievable with her dance kids and transforms habits. Ms. King teaches her kids to draw with their hearts. Mr. Rawdon is a magical in guiding the award winnin choir. Mr. Kevin Cato leads the MEHS Band with pride and changes the hearts of his students. Mr. Ronnie Cato is a father, friend, teacher, and just about everything to his Orchestra and without him, nothing would be possible. Amazing school with amazing people. Don't judge a people by the practicalities of their school; Mt. Eden High School will make you eat your words.

Posted June 16, 2013
This school may look ghetto but it's not. Mt. Eden has a lot of school pride and the people probably have the most school pride then any other school. The murals are beautiful and they make due with what they have. I have not been bullied since I've been here and everyone is actually nice. If parents are worried about their child they shouldn't. Mt. Eden is safe and it all depends on where your child stands as a person. Badmitton has been undefeated and their football/basketball programs has been stepping it up. choir and Band are #1 in Norcal and most likely in the country. There are a lot of dedicated people. The art program is really good as well. if you haven't seen the murals by ap art, you need to check it out. before you judge the school by appearence, attend one of the events! I just the district gave more money and help give Mt. Eden more potential. I wouldn't want to attend any other school and I love Mt. Eden! GO MONARCHS! I love this school so much i bleed blue and gold!

Posted September 07, 2012
Mt. Eden High School may not be the best looking school there but i have been attending there for 2 years and the teachers give you major support. all thought there may be a gang problem there the only thing you can do to be safe is just not hang out with the wrong kind of people and dont start something you cant finish. As long as you treat people with respect they will treat you with respect back. The bullying is not bad at all everyone is nice and not one time hav i been bullied. There is girls there that dont like me but after all who cares im there to learn!

Mount Eden High School 1

Posted June 08, 2012
This school is garbage. The students there will treat you like trash no matter what. Don't think they'll be nice. They can be nice at first, but they'll backstab you in the end, and that is unacceptable. I have been bullied every single day during my high school years, and because of that, this school deserves only 1 star. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. ATTEND ELSEWHERE!

Mount Eden High School 2

Posted January 21, 2012
The CCS committee at Mt. Eden has been there for over four years, we During these four years they haven't earned anything just to spend the money they not even have bylaws. We need to have new elections, we need to have people who really wants to help the community

Mount Eden High School 3

Posted August 17, 2011
Mt. Eden Staff need to get a little more active in the education of all students during the 2011-2012 school year. There needs to be a website for the school. My daughter attended MLK Middle and every staff was so welcoming, supportive and enjoyed their job. We loved the Middle school experience and the great involvement of the lovely MLK staff. KUDOS to MRS. SANTOS!!! The principal at the MLK was awesome and Mrs Santos was just supportive of everything on the campus. I don't see this at Mt. Eden HS. Their seems to be a I don't care mood that is unacceptable. Meeting are always unorganized, cancelled or just don't happen. This year, I will make sure that things happen because it will be reported to the HUSD school district and Alameda county Office of Education immediately..I'm tired and hate to do this, but it's my child and other''s education at jeopardy. No more, no more! Things need to really change at Mt. Eden big time. Change will happen for the 2011-2012 school year and I promise that.

Posted June 13, 2011
It has a great art , band, and choir programs and have showed this by winning numerous awards.

Mount Eden High School 0

Posted October 31, 2010
Because it's the place that holds a good part of my memories!! I love my school... Because I had the best teachers Mr. Anderson very patient teacher was very helpful even though I couldn't BEG an answer out if him! I know my states and all the Capitols now! Now I love history!!! And I would love to help my school!!!

Mount Eden High School
2300 Panama Street, Hayward, CA  94545
Last modified Mount Eden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Eden High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top