Hayward, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 02, 2014
I have 3 children attending Schafer park, the principal and teachers including the staff are amazing very hands on , I have a kindergarten an they make sure she is escorted to class from the bus, the principal has meetings an keeps the parents in the loop , the school is in a good neighbor hood has been remolded with brand new bldg. , I find the parking and drop off during school time a little rough but that can be all schools. overall I enjoy the education my children are getting an I enjoy the effort the school makes to make sure my child is learning an safe.

Posted April 02, 2014
I have a child in first grade and beings From another country where teachers take very keen interest in students learning and being a teacher myself, it took me sometime to adapt to the system here. The school does try to involve parents in everything but it is mostly done at an inconvenient time so I feel they should send out newsletters to parents. The teaching and learning here is ok but parents are not kept updated on it like when exams are to be conducted it is not relayed to parents and students do tests without parents knowing it which I feel should change and be in their monthly calendar. School is ok but most things parents have to do..hoping for some improvement in terms of communication and teaching process.

Posted January 18, 2012
very nice and good school have a lot of programs. seems like nobody gets on here to rate there school but they should

Schafer Park Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2009
They do changes with out letting parents know. Worst School I have come accross. Worst Principal.

Schafer Park Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2009
There are many changes this year, but there are many changes all over the state due to the economy. I was especilly sad that we had to increase class sizes, but I understand it is not just us, this is happening all over the state. I am excited about the new parent center, parents will play an intrical part of the day to day activities at school.

Schafer Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008
While this school is not that great it isn't the worst either as long as you have the best teacher. My son is so lucky to have Mrs. Rimi Bawa as his K teacher. Not only has Mrs. Bawa given the kids quality education, her class is advance and I saw her genuine concern with the kids well-being. She encoureages open communication with us parents. From PTC meetings I have met higher grade teachers and this school had very good ones. To ensure the best education to our kids parents just stay invloved with your kids school activities and I highly recommend that you volunteer even 2-hours a week on your kids class. Teachers needs assistance and you can obeserve at the same time.

Schafer Park Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2006
Schafer Park school is a small town school in the big city! I have been very happy with My sons teachers. Miss. Jew and Mrs. Elliott Make my husband and I feel that our sons education is top priority.

Posted February 25, 2006
Schafer Park is one of the few Hayward schools to have a G.A.T.E. program as well as music and science prep classes. The teachers genuinely care about the student's progress. There are very good after school programs both for children whose parents work and children who just want to spend some time with their friends after school. There is also an after school soccer league that is coached by two of the teachers.

Posted January 11, 2006
My two boys have the best teachers, ms. Jew and ms. Hawkins. Ms. Jew goes out of her way to make sure my son is getting all the help that is needed. Marcus and maurice really love and learn from their teachers. Thank you ms. Jew & ms. Hawkins - tamika smith

Schafer Park Elementary School
26268 Flamingo Avenue, Hayward, CA  94544
Last modified Schafer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schafer Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top