Posted August 15, 2014
As a teacher at Tennyson for 3+ years, I'd say it is on the up & up. We have a leadership team that abides by its name, a dedicated staff that can take your students as high as they are willing, and a loving, diverse student body. The school is safe - fights are way down. There are lots of clubs, extra-curricular sports, and academic opportunities available to students. I know we're just a "3 out of 10," but we graduate "10 out of 10" students often. It would be nice if we could get some more parent involvement.

Tennyson High School 5

Posted November 22, 2012
i went to tennyson highschool and is one of the best highschool i have ever gone... GO LANCERS!!!!

Posted August 05, 2011
As a graduate of this school, I am torn between an average and an above average rating because it is not the cream of the crop preppy school. Needless to say, I am on my way to getting my Masters despite many barriers to a better education given my resources. Most teachers here are compassionate and knowledgeable--I can think of many great teachers that I've encountered over the years who I keep in good relations with. The quality of education is based on self-discipline and self-motivated learners. You get what you can squeeze out of it. There are UCLA, Stanford graduates who have attended Tennyson High and have gone on to work for tech companies, teach, and are achieving their dreams. Teachers here will stay after hours just to help that struggling student... The great loss of this education in this community are struggling Hispanic families whose teenage kids are working instead of studying. My two cents.

Posted July 22, 2010
Going to Tennyson High was get. I learned a lot and had great teachers. It was the best school I went too.

Tennyson High School 2

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted January 26, 2010
My daughter attends Tennyson and this is her first year. I will have to admit I was a little leary based on the information other people told me about the school. However, my daughter has maintained the honor roll and I have found the administration to be extremely helpful and resolved any issues that I may have had immediately from the Principal, Counselor, and Teachers. Tennyson really is a good school!!! I wish more parents would involve themselves, especially on the School Site Council Committee where changes that matter takes place.

Posted December 11, 2009
I must say, as a parent, I dont like ths schol as my son never had support, there are a lot of fights this school has been through for no apparent reason. It has poor relationship with the families

Posted September 26, 2009
This school is substandard and doesn't even have it's own website. The classes available are limited. The school principal doesn't even know her pupils. She doesn't try to get to know them. I had issues regarding my son and was ignored by the counselors so I contacted Mrs. Pineada and she didn't even bother to check my son's file before she offered advice. She is always saying they have programs that don't even exist. She needs to get back in touch with her own school.

Posted August 28, 2009
I must say as a parent, it is always hard to let our kids grow up. I was afraid to let my son go to a regular high school, so i talked him into going into a Charter school. Now he is a junior and wants to attend Tennyson so i let him go. I have heard so many horrible stories about the school , teaching and the violence but must say at this point i have no regrets. From the time you walk through the front door being greeted by the friendliest security guard who always seems to be having a great day, to the attendance clerk who is always willing to help with something, it really makes you feel at home. Im really glad i have allowed my son to make this decision.

Tennyson High School 1

Posted August 27, 2009
T-high is an okay school but believe me its relly low in cash no offence but its mostly beacuae of the ethniticy that exists most around the area which is latinos and that efect the shools financial stuff but anyways its a pretty good and fun school just a bit low on money and some teachers relly arent good also they have a reallly nice p.e. locker room and regular lockers

Tennyson High School
27035 Whitman Road, Hayward, CA  94544
Last modified Tennyson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tennyson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top