Posted April 10, 2011
This school is easily above the Hayward average. The principal's interaction with the students and parents is very good (she makes weekly phonecall announcements). The parent involvement could be better, but the active PTA makes up for it well with frequent events. I am happy to have my children attending this school.

Treeview Elementary 0

Posted May 10, 2010
I like that the campus is split where K and 1st grades attend Bidwell and grades 2 through 6 attend Treeview. A fair amount of homework is given and teachers do a good job with limited resources. Kids are exposed to computers, library and garden, however both campuses are old and in need of modernization.

Treeview Elementary 0

Posted October 05, 2009
The school that my 8 year old attends is new to the both of us because this is his first school year a Treeview Elementary. This school is well organized, the teachers are good, and my son enjoys learning with his new teacher.

Posted October 26, 2006
Bidwell/Treeview is a shining example of principle, teacher and community support. Bidwell services children K, 1 and 2. Older children go to Treeview. Mr. Gratsy, the principle, maintains both campuses as safe, clean and efficient. I have seen him fill in as crossing guard, he is often present in the classroom and he is very visible throughout the day. The campus is quaint. This is in stark contrast to many of the HUSD campuses which are bleak and in disrepair. I have had two children in the Kindergarten Communication Handicapped Program. It is wonderful program. The teacher, Sue Scalice is a treasure and has done wonders with both my kids. Unfortunately, I cannot provide the same glowing reviews for Special Education anywhere else within the HUSD. My recommendation for Special Ed parents in the district, attend this program then move out of the HUSD!

Posted March 15, 2006
I think the academics are right on track at this school. All the teachers are aproachable and helpful. Of course it helps if you are an involved parent and in communication with the teacher! We have a music program for grades 4 and up. We also have a choir program, both are wonderful! We do not have any sports teams or after school programs however. This is a minus in my point of view. There is a fair amount of parent involvement. Although it usually is the same parents doing everything. Overall, I have really enjoyed this school with my boys.

Posted June 09, 2005
I was very skeptical at first. My son was having trouble learning things and I was afraid that he would not do well in school. But Mrs. Fong has prove me wrong. She is the best teacher for my son! She works with us in helping him do well in school... And the parent involement events was great! They had movie nights, carnivals, walk-a-thon...And by far, this is the best Elementary School...Thank you so much Mrs. Fong & Bidwell.

Treeview Elementary 3

Posted December 13, 2004

Treeview Elementary 3

Posted October 02, 2004

Posted June 29, 2004
Teachers are very thorough and watchful. All staff genuinely cares for each child.

Posted April 23, 2004
This school is underrated when it should be deserving of a much higher ranking compared to other schools in the area and of similar stature. Mr. Grasty has actually raised the mark for Treeview students to reach for higher scores during STAR testing, and they have been performing above the average. And with its GATE classes/program and the support of a very well-trained and experienced teachers, it has been producing more than above average students that continued their education to highschool and college.

Treeview Elementary