Posted April 15, 2015
the worst school to have your kinds. If you care about parent teacher communication this is not the school. Teachers never have time to talk to parents they are too busy with their meeting and if you like to talk to the Principal bad idea you are never welcome she is always to busy. Not a good school if you care about your kids education. It is nice from outside but thats about it. My daughter attended her 2nd grade, we move from san Jose to hayward. The rate of 2 that the school has speaks for this school. Plus classroom size is 30 to 35 students.

Tyrrell Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2011
As a parent of a child who has attended Tyrrell for over 5 years, I do have to say the teachers here are all very pleasant and knowledgeable. The kids were all right as well and my child never had to many problems with other students, but kids are kids. Only complaint I have about this school is the secretary that sit in the front of the office (Ms. Lax) is very rude and seems like she doesn't want to do her job. Many times I walked into the office and she just sat there not even acknowledging me. Just seems like she has major attitude. Once my child even asked her for ice when she fell, and Ms. Lax told her she didn't need it. My daughter ended up with a sprained ankle. She seems like the only stake in the heart of what seems to be a potentially wonderful school.

Posted April 12, 2011
very bad school to go to if you want your children to have a good life. they have gangs and kidnappers. i was a student there once and everyday there was this guy that would be there, say hello, and then disapear in a split second. i was very worried that i was going to get kidnapped or molested

Posted March 28, 2011
Very bad school to go to if you are planning to take your kids to my son went there he came home one day with very inapropriate language that i never knew in that age the way some teachers teachs is not that good !!!dont plan on taking your kids there if you are im just telling you so that your kids wont have a bad lfe!

Posted June 03, 2010
terrible school the kids cant speak english the parents don't speak english its nothing more than day care for a bunch of gang bangers kids. i went to pick up a friends kid and was afraid i was going to get shot or carjacked by one of the parents.

Tyrrell Elementary School

Posted November 29, 2008
i am a former student here at tyrrell and it is awesome the only thing is the teachers yell at the students a little too much. i remember that th principal was yelling at a little kindegardener,so it made me a little mad,but what can i do? well this is an awesome school!!!!! Go Ms.Lumia!!!!!!!!

Tyrrell Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2006
I went to Tyrell, and I think that it's a really great school, or I wouldn't be where I am now. I have honors, I took Geometry in the 8th grade. I owe all this to Tyrell, for helping me, and recommending me. [To Mr. Mangewala]

Tyrrell Elementary School
27000 Tyrrell Avenue, Hayward, CA  94540
Last modified Tyrrell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tyrrell Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top