Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 08, 2015
Now I'm not sure on this one because my ELA class gives us a 2 week work packet and expects us to notice and finish the other 2 week assignment she assigned last week. But as for my history class, he gives at least a paper of work max. It's difficult only because he doesn't teach us much. He just talks about the pictures on a power point and then expects us to write an essay on it. But back to the point, this school gives both too much and too little of homework.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 08, 2015
Okay, yes, this school aims for determination but most students don't even try. Not even on the test to know what their reading level is! It's a shame. But I also blame the school for not giving a goal every student will strive for if they passed a test or quiz. In my last school, if you passed a test or quiz, you earned candy, bathroom pass, cool stuff or an open book test on the next test you take. If the teachers are determined to have students become persistent, they are doing a really terrible job.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 08, 2015
NO ONE RESPECTS ANYONE THERE! Students will fight, teachers will talk about each other behind each other's backs, teachers will treat students horribly and students will NEVER respect the teachers. It's heartbreaking. I was in class and this new girl, serious attitude issue, and just because she got an answer wrong, she started cussing him out. Yes, he isn't a great teacher and almost everyone hates him, but he didn't deserve that. And in that moment, I knew everyone in that room felt bad for the teacher. In conclusion, no, the school doesn't develop respect at all in its students.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 08, 2015
Students there will turn their back on you faster than a cheetah. Two life long friends I know broke apart last year because one of them didn't let the other one be in the talent show band with them. Yeah, perfect example of compassion and caring. And empathy? More than half the school doesn't know the meaning of that word. In my last school, we had to study, act out and write about empathy! I truly remember writing about it in front of my ELA teacher, watching a video about it and answering questions about it. Winton Middle School will never even be a mile close to being a decent school.

Posted March 07, 2015
Winton Middle is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! The Vice Principal and a few teachers and admin are very good, however the students are horrible. It may not be so much the kids fault, because kids can only get away with what their parents will let them get away with. Most of the kids at Winton do not understand why they are at school, however that may be more of a cultural problem. The reality is education is not part of many of these kids culture. As a teacher on multiple occasions I was physically threatened by students and the Principal did not care. Students will not do any classwork but act as if they are educational experts!

Posted May 28, 2014
Students who act up and stop other children from learning do not get punished. My daughter told me how a boy in her class hit another child in the privates and was not suspended. I even hear about how when teachers call security that no one comes. The teachers do not want to stay at that school, either. Each year there are lots of new teachers. There is no gangs, but it is not like the kids are learning much when bad students prevent teachers from doing their job and the principal doesn't do anything. I'm not Hispanic but no one in the office speaks Spanish. The principal does not try to get parents involved. We don't hear anything about what's going on.

Posted March 23, 2014
Any parent/student considering this school has to be out of their minds. My home got broken into. (see how often police are at the school). I hear terrible language as students hit the street (Can only imagine what is happening in class). Friend said the principal never keeps his word to the parents. Frustrating for the community because we are paying for better. Please do something board of ed.

Winton Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2013
I like this school, but there are some things I don't like. Many students are rude, disrespectful, and could care less about their grades. Some teachers are unfair. Nobody likes the principal and vice. There's too many fights this year than last year. This is my last year in Winton. I doubt the 7th graders would ever take 8th grade seriously. -.-

Winton Middle School 5

Posted March 07, 2013
This School Is Hella Fun And Yes I Do Go Here! :D I Think It Is A Great School Filled With Great Students And There Are Some Good Teachers But Some Teachers Need To Go Back To School To Learn How To Teach Cuz They Just Yell At Us An Say Do This And They Dnt Give Details Or Examples.... HORRIBLE! But Other Then That It Is A Great School!

Winton Middle School 5

Posted April 08, 2011
I attended Winton Middle School from 03 to 05 and I detest every negative comment that has been posted about this school. In terms of education I can state unequivocally that Winton Middle School offers a very competitive and thorough education. The schools reputation is so renowned that other students from around the area were transferring into the school while I was attending. The only downside that one might feel Winton has is its student body (which may or may not be a little ghetto); however, I am going to lay those "fears" to rest by giving you a comparative example. After growing up in Hayward (shortly after graduating from Winton) my family and I moved to Eugene OR which is a polar opposite to Hayward. The school was 70% white, and there was absolutely no diversity (white people are weak). The student body at Winton is very diverse which is a VERY good thing, the teachers are excellent (unless if you by a rare chance get stuck with a teacher from another country who has trouble with English), the dances are the BEST (PS white people have no rhythm see above), for me Winton was a very fun and positive experience that I would not hesitate to go back to if I had the chance.

119 Winton Avenue, Hayward, CA  94540-5000
Last modified Winton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.