Hayward, CA

Posted May 28, 2014
Students who act up and stop other children from learning do not get punished. My daughter told me how a boy in her class hit another child in the privates and was not suspended. I even hear about how when teachers call security that no one comes. The teachers do not want to stay at that school, either. Each year there are lots of new teachers. There is no gangs, but it is not like the kids are learning much when bad students prevent teachers from doing their job and the principal doesn't do anything. I'm not Hispanic but no one in the office speaks Spanish. The principal does not try to get parents involved. We don't hear anything about what's going on.

Posted March 23, 2014
Any parent/student considering this school has to be out of their minds. My home got broken into. (see how often police are at the school). I hear terrible language as students hit the street (Can only imagine what is happening in class). Friend said the principal never keeps his word to the parents. Frustrating for the community because we are paying for better. Please do something board of ed.

Winton Middle School 4

Posted April 12, 2013
I like this school, but there are some things I don't like. Many students are rude, disrespectful, and could care less about their grades. Some teachers are unfair. Nobody likes the principal and vice. There's too many fights this year than last year. This is my last year in Winton. I doubt the 7th graders would ever take 8th grade seriously. -.-

Posted March 07, 2013
This School Is Hella Fun And Yes I Do Go Here! :D I Think It Is A Great School Filled With Great Students And There Are Some Good Teachers But Some Teachers Need To Go Back To School To Learn How To Teach Cuz They Just Yell At Us An Say Do This And They Dnt Give Details Or Examples.... HORRIBLE! But Other Then That It Is A Great School!

Posted April 08, 2011
I attended Winton Middle School from 03 to 05 and I detest every negative comment that has been posted about this school. In terms of education I can state unequivocally that Winton Middle School offers a very competitive and thorough education. The schools reputation is so renowned that other students from around the area were transferring into the school while I was attending. The only downside that one might feel Winton has is its student body (which may or may not be a little ghetto); however, I am going to lay those "fears" to rest by giving you a comparative example. After growing up in Hayward (shortly after graduating from Winton) my family and I moved to Eugene OR which is a polar opposite to Hayward. The school was 70% white, and there was absolutely no diversity (white people are weak). The student body at Winton is very diverse which is a VERY good thing, the teachers are excellent (unless if you by a rare chance get stuck with a teacher from another country who has trouble with English), the dances are the BEST (PS white people have no rhythm see above), for me Winton was a very fun and positive experience that I would not hesitate to go back to if I had the chance.

Winton Middle School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
I would never recommend Winton Middle School to anyone. The principal is completely unavailable and never return calls. I understand the Econimic situation is stressful, but the teachers act like they do not appreciate their jobs. God forbid they need to go an extra mile for a student! In my opinion they simply clock in, unhapily perform their jobs @ a substandard level & clock out..........period

Posted March 04, 2010
I agree with EVERYTHING written here. But t he teachers are not the bad people the students are!!! And I'm a STUDENT currently going to Winton AND I LOVE IT. My favorite teacher there is Mr.LEE!!!!!!( HATE TO SEE HIM LEAVE NEXT YEAR!)

Posted June 12, 2009

Winton Middle School 2

Posted October 21, 2008

Posted June 27, 2008
I'm still undecided about my daughter returning, some of the teachers there, I feel don't really know their subject, definitely needs better leadership, and teachers.

Winton Middle School
119 Winton Avenue, Hayward, CA  94540
Last modified Winton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winton Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top